I have a memcal here from a VT V6. I have ran it under my UV eraser for 10 minutes.
I've now gone to fit it in my GQ4X and I have no idea what to set it as?
ID check brings up an error. So if I knew the type to set it as I will do it buy hand, blank check and burn my new bin.
There is nothing printed underneath like the older one's, 27C128 etc. And the numbers on top return nothing in the search.
I think they are a serial number or build date maybe.
All help appreciated.
Burning a VT Memcal
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
Try a National Tms270c010 I think and see if it'll ID correctly
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
Thanks yoda. It lists a NM27C010 requiring external power but nothing starting with Tms. Or even 270, a few 27C are listed.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
So I selected that and then done an ID it come back as a National and defaulted to 27C010 (no letters)
Done a blank check and writing bin now. Wrote and verified ok!
Read back and checked in tuner pro all looks good.
Done a blank check and writing bin now. Wrote and verified ok!
Read back and checked in tuner pro all looks good.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
At least you've got it done.
What version Gq-4x software are you using? I'm using Revision 6.30
You are correct, should be national and nm27c010, I've never needed external power with mine.
What version Gq-4x software are you using? I'm using Revision 6.30
You are correct, should be national and nm27c010, I've never needed external power with mine.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
After the ID set it that warning went away. Software is 6.30
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
Just checked for updates there's a 6.31 and 6.36. Nothing exiting added though.
Except a Windows 8.1 fix. Im running it on Windows 10 no problems though.
Except a Windows 8.1 fix. Im running it on Windows 10 no problems though.
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
-
j_ds_au
- Posts: 387
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am
- Location: Sydney
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
I'd be cautious about that erasing time, your high bit levels could be marginal.Dylan wrote:I have a memcal here from a VT V6. I have ran it under my UV eraser for 10 minutes.
I've now gone to fit it in my GQ4X and I have no idea what to set it as?
ID check brings up an error. So if I knew the type to set it as I will do it buy hand, blank check and burn my new bin.
There is nothing printed underneath like the older one's, 27C128 etc. And the numbers on top return nothing in the search.
I think they are a serial number or build date maybe.
All help appreciated.
The NM27C010 spec's give a minimum erase of 15 W.sec/cm2, so probably need about 30 or more minutes, per the Erasing Time table given here : http://www.advin.com/eprom-eraser.htm
Joe.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Burning a VT Memcal
yeah'd I've had a few eproms not fully blank at 10 minutes, found 15 seems to be 100% success rate though.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread