265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Looks pretty good after all those years
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Cleaned and rebuilt and tested my second hand VZ v6 injectors and Getting those filters out we're tricky but worked it out in the end. My Spartan 2 O2 sensor and gauge turned up. Pretty much just need to sort out the manifold and fuel rail now.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Normally I just screw a self tapper into them and gently pull them out. New ones just push in easily.
Didn't realise the pic would come out so big.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Yeah I tried that and it just wouldn't come out, it just kept pulling the self tapper out. It may have been that I just started with the one that was most stuck. I ended up bending a rivet over like a hook and that got them out. I then flushed them out with a pressurised syringe, carby cleaner and a 9 volt battery.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

That's an interesting way to clean them. I use an ultrasonic bath and pulse them. Years ago it was a big thing cleaning injectors but our fuels and injector designs have improved to the point where it's no longer necessary. I haven't cleaned injector for a long time now.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks that's reassuring. I was thinking about manually cleaning the injectors on my Landcruiser but I just bought some injector cleaner to add to the fuel. Sounds like that should be sufficient.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I have a custom fuel rail coming from efi hardware and injector bosses from Ross macine racing. I have also decided to go with a 90 degree aluminium mandrel bend from the original manifold to the throttle body in the short term . Once I have done some more research I will take the plunge and build something custom. Hopefully cAn get the motor fired up soon
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

Keep the update photos coming ;)
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Looks like my custom landcruiser/valiant intake manifold may be back on the cards. I spoke to the welder and as your guys advised (THANKS), changing the cast iron manifold to cast alloy will make a world of difference. I have a second hand redline alloy manifold coming and apparently these are a direct copy of the original cast iron manifold.

Now I may have another problem, not sure. I have a set of steel bungs coming, will there be any problems epoxying these into a cast alloy manifold? My only concern is the different expansion rates of the two metals. Can any one see a problem with this? Cheers.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by HQ355 »

I'd get some alloy ones and get them welded in when the rest of the welding gets done, then you can sleep at night