Probably going to have to line it with some sort of heat insulation material or it will get bloody hot
CF Bedford Van
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CF Bedford Van
LOL, may as well put a access panel in the top so you can boil a billy on the top of the banana's.....
Probably going to have to line it with some sort of heat insulation material or it will get bloody hot
Probably going to have to line it with some sort of heat insulation material or it will get bloody hot
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah planning to do that on the engine cover and the surrounding floor too.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
At least you will be able to get to the coil and leads a lot easier than on a VR. Argh what a mongrel job.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah I've helped a few people in the past with dizzy/coil/leads issues on these, right pain in the ass!
I have new rotor button, cap leads and plugs to go in so hoping minimal issues then lol!
I have new rotor button, cap leads and plugs to go in so hoping minimal issues then lol!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
My VR had a coil fail and what a job. Lots of cuts and swearing (it helps) to fix it. Mounted the new coil on the inner guard. Those Bosch systems are notorious for cooking coils. I know the modules sometimes cause the problem with loss of dwell control but more often than not it's just the coil failing. You wont have any such problems when you take that big cover off. Have you put a strengthening strip around the cutout area? I think I did see something in a past pic.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah there is 20 mm square tube across the back of the engine chassis rail to rail, then from that there is same up to the front firewall seam, to say it strengthened the hole 200% would be an understatement 
I've also fitted a blue motor dizzy with camira module and HEI coil, so hopefully its more reliable than the notorious v8 ignition modules.
I've also fitted a blue motor dizzy with camira module and HEI coil, so hopefully its more reliable than the notorious v8 ignition modules.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
Yea the blue motor dissy with inductive pickup and Camira module will work great and more reliable than VR stuff. The blue motor did have the Bosch module and also cooked coils. I have never seen a Camira have a coil failure. I run that type of setup on my Lancer and Starion 4G63 and they work fine.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
So I started on the proper exhaust, I wanted a single 3in system thats quiet enough to not be annoying on long trips and not be too restrictive keeping in mind future mods
There's more to do but tonight's efforts is at least enough to get it usable (once I get a support bracket on the muffler), but being 9:50 when I finished I figured I better wait before I start it! But certainly keen to hear what it sounds like now
Also in the back ground you can see the commodore fuel tank fitting in nicely!
There's more to do but tonight's efforts is at least enough to get it usable (once I get a support bracket on the muffler), but being 9:50 when I finished I figured I better wait before I start it! But certainly keen to hear what it sounds like now
Also in the back ground you can see the commodore fuel tank fitting in nicely!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: CF Bedford Van
Lookin good
Will be pretty beefy with that muffler.
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: CF Bedford Van
Nice tidy bit of work. I've got a 3 inch system on mine with single muffler and a resonator in the rear sounds good but over 100k it drones like no tomorrow I have to wear ear plugs on any long distance trips hopefully you don't have any problems with that though