Hi All.
This factory cal always starts up engine on LPG, even when engine has been turned off on petrol.
Anyone figured out how to change so it it will start on last used fuel or petrol?
I'm sure it's done in other LPG cal's...?
Cheers
VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
-
DHW
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 pm
- cars: Commodore
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
That number you have provided is the PCM part number, not the calibration code.
Edit: my mistake, this one could be the calibration code, don't mind me
this ones not listed in the stock bin list.
Edit: my mistake, this one could be the calibration code, don't mind me
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
That was a special calibration for fleet customers to get the drivers to use LPG.
If you get the factory non fleet customer tune it will start on whatever fuel you used last.
It was hard coded in the calibration I believe so is not just something that can be turned on or off in the tune.
If you get the factory non fleet customer tune it will start on whatever fuel you used last.
It was hard coded in the calibration I believe so is not just something that can be turned on or off in the tune.
-
DHW
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 pm
- cars: Commodore
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
Thanks for your info. If I was to change the cal, any idea what 'non fleet' cal this one crosses over or is similar to?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
If you post up the bin file I can have a look, if it's $06a there's an earlier file that may work, but guessing by the time $06b was released they may ALL do the LPG auto start?
-
ralphski
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:41 pm
- cars: 2004 VYII Holden Commodore sedan, 3.8 L36, SFI LPG
2011 VE Holden Calais VV6, 3.6 LLT, SFI LPG - Location: Otaki, New Zealand
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
Wow... I've just asked the very same question....
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4214
However I cannot get my bin out of my pcm. I have an ODBII/USB ALDL cable & TunerProRT but it's not very reliable (or I'm doing it wrong)
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4214
However I cannot get my bin out of my pcm. I have an ODBII/USB ALDL cable & TunerProRT but it's not very reliable (or I'm doing it wrong)
-
0081(2)
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am
- cars: VY commodore supercharged V6
- Location: Sydney
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
You will need the flash tool to get the bin out
-
ralphski
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:41 pm
- cars: 2004 VYII Holden Commodore sedan, 3.8 L36, SFI LPG
2011 VE Holden Calais VV6, 3.6 LLT, SFI LPG - Location: Otaki, New Zealand
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
I've tried with the flashtool, but keeps erroring. When it does find the pcm it times out waiting for the second heartbeat.0081(2) wrote:You will need the flash tool to get the bin out
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
I had a factory fitted lpg in a vy and it would start on whatever fuel u wanted. generally whatever was used at last shutdown.
attached is the bin file from that ecu.
attached is the bin file from that ecu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VY V6 92162166 - LPG Startup disable?
With the flashtool you need to go into options & make sure you have it set as VX-VY flash pcm in car!
With that attached bin of Tre-Cool I believe it is $06a & not for closed couple cat's & if you flash it to a car with closed couple cat's it make not behave properly.
With that attached bin of Tre-Cool I believe it is $06a & not for closed couple cat's & if you flash it to a car with closed couple cat's it make not behave properly.