265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Agreed, just bought a set of aluminium ones so there's no little surprises.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Another option would be to machine an O ring groove on the adapters and push them into the holes in the manifold but I think the welding is the preferred. Wonder why Redline make a std replacement alloy manifold? Are the older ones hard to get now?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

I believe its an alloy copy of the cast iron original.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:Another option would be to machine an O ring groove on the adapters and push them into the holes in the manifold but I think the welding is the preferred. Wonder why Redline make a std replacement alloy manifold? Are the older ones hard to get now?
I should have added that they are a copy of the runners etc but hAve a four barrel inlet.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, thought I better post something to show I am still around. I have been flat out with the renos for the past month but am still gathering parts. I now have the aluminium injector bungs, a second hand Redline aluminium manifold and the custom fuel rail. I am also wiring up the Charger which has no wiring installed. I will post some photos soon.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Heres a pic of the fuel rail, the manifolds and the aluminium bungs. Now just some fabrication work required.

Image
Last edited by heff0018 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Looks like a fair bit of fabrication needed to match the manifold to the plenum but when you don't have another option get into it. I am sure you know to keep the injector adapters as short as possible to prevent injector shrouding. Keep up the good work looks like it's not that far off.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

There is a fair bit of work to do but once that carb base is removed it should actually match up quite well.

I'm glad you bought up the injector shrouding point. Yes the adapters are overly long so it gives you plenty of options. What is the best position for the injector, I assumed just out of the runner so it doesn't affect airflow, Or doesn't it matter so much if the injector is poking into the runner. Cheers.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I'd probably try and get it just out of the runner, and as closely pointing straight into the port as you can.

looks like you'll be able to cut those bungs in 3 almost :)
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks so I assumed correct. Yeah they are huge.