Sc14 to buick and e85
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Are you going to be running VR/VS lower arms and spindles?
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
No. Not vr vs.vlad01 wrote:Are you going to be running VR/VS lower arms and spindles?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Whats with the lower shock mount? looks like VR/VS type. with VP/VN strut top.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Will be vt lower arms, vn/vp/Vr/vs. radius rods, etc. if you want more details let me know. But +70mm front track. 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
yeah that would be good. But not sure how you are going to get VT arms to fit? the radius rod angle is way off for VN-VS K frame and chassis when I tried to use them on my VR.
Was looking at the arms for the pressed in ball joints rather than bolt on that VR/VS has, but came up with a solution for making them many times stronger than stock in the end.
Would be interested to know if you have a way to make it work.
Was looking at the arms for the pressed in ball joints rather than bolt on that VR/VS has, but came up with a solution for making them many times stronger than stock in the end.
Would be interested to know if you have a way to make it work.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
It works. Trick is early model z bars and carful choosing of your front bush kit. I don't understand the bit about the z bars not fitting. I am using adjustable ones... My mock setup worked fine and gained 70 mm of front track. I hope I haven't missed something...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
yeah the angle of the radius rod bush in the VT arm was about 30º out compared to VN,VP,VR and VS arm iirc. It didn't look like it would work when I had all the bits side by side.
VT series 1 arm

VP one.

VR ones, angled a little but not as much as VT ones are.

and then these, which look like the correct angle for VP/VN body, I reckon they might be VT s2/VX?

VT series 1 arm
VP one.
VR ones, angled a little but not as much as VT ones are.
and then these, which look like the correct angle for VP/VN body, I reckon they might be VT s2/VX?
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
oh. Okay. I will report back.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Sorry for stupid question. But what model are these parts off and what model car are they now on?