CF Bedford Van
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah and I don't know as my wideband input is rounded to one decimal point.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: CF Bedford Van
Told you they are good ! Just leave it in
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
I read it on 14.7's site on another document for the controller used in the spartan. They stated 13.33 and 16.66.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah I recall reading it here before but wouldn't remember the exact numbers, and when I saw it I thought I'd finish playing with the tuning and such then look up the info later on the forum etc.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: CF Bedford Van
Looks like it works well! A bit less spartan than the spartan 1 with the smaller connector of the 4.9 sensor - spartan 1 has the electronics in the connector!
In regards to 1 or 2 decimal places, when using the ECU wideband input the best you will get is 0.1 AFR resolution. Its an 8 bit input which is 0-255, with the calc X / 10 that means the output to display AFR in TunerPro is 0.0 to 25.5 AFR (the 0-5V 10-20AFR of the spartan gets scaled in the 12P code). The logger has 10 bit analog inputs so you have 0-1024, this gets you two decimal places of resolution as there is no scaling going on.
But it really only matters for the sequencing part at power on, the sensor itself is accurate to around 0.01 lambda (varies, see data sheet below). With a petrol AFR of 14.7 that means it is accurate to within +-0.147 AFR. Having higher resolution will make the logged data appear smoother without the 0.1 AFR steps. Its easy to confuse accuracy and resolution.
http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/media/c ... 659pdf.pdf
In regards to 1 or 2 decimal places, when using the ECU wideband input the best you will get is 0.1 AFR resolution. Its an 8 bit input which is 0-255, with the calc X / 10 that means the output to display AFR in TunerPro is 0.0 to 25.5 AFR (the 0-5V 10-20AFR of the spartan gets scaled in the 12P code). The logger has 10 bit analog inputs so you have 0-1024, this gets you two decimal places of resolution as there is no scaling going on.
But it really only matters for the sequencing part at power on, the sensor itself is accurate to around 0.01 lambda (varies, see data sheet below). With a petrol AFR of 14.7 that means it is accurate to within +-0.147 AFR. Having higher resolution will make the logged data appear smoother without the 0.1 AFR steps. Its easy to confuse accuracy and resolution.
http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/media/c ... 659pdf.pdf
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
and honestly, if I can get it to within .1 of commanded I'm sure its going to be close enough and if not, that's what the narrowband is for 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
So now that the engine cover is kinda mostly worked out and reasonably complete I wanted to put the dash back together and start working out some of the smaller mounts, also while I had it all out I mounted up the brake controller and 2 way brackets 
I also needed to work out a location for the OBD2 plug so I made one that would not get in the way of anything!
you'd have to have the seat right forward to even have your legs come close to it there.
also finally decided on a location for the fuse panel, not the best to look at but there's not a lot of options that keep it plenty far away from the pedals, i'll probably make some sort of cover one day anyways....
slowly starting to look more complete!
aside from this stuff, i've been mostly doing small wiring stuff, got the park/neutral/reverse switches and wires all connected on the shifter finally, and I wired the 2 way into the radio power on the loom, so its just another plug and also turns off with the ignition!
and last but not least, I have tested the 2 cruise modules I had, one that came with the 304 and one from a VX, both of them don't do anything in my van so I tested them on my brothers vs ute and they do nothing on it, so I grabbed his module and I can at least get it to do the first part of the diagnostics where it moved the throttle to 20% and back, so I know most of the wiring is alright .... I have a replacement module on the go so once I get that should hopefully just about be done with the cruise control once I find a spot to mount it!
so now the cruise is ok I'm just about ready to call the loom finished! just need to extend one or two bits to suit the different location of the shifter and then probably be done!
this weekend is looking like its pretty free of duties so the missus and I are hoping to put a lot of time into our hobbies
I also needed to work out a location for the OBD2 plug so I made one that would not get in the way of anything!
you'd have to have the seat right forward to even have your legs come close to it there.
also finally decided on a location for the fuse panel, not the best to look at but there's not a lot of options that keep it plenty far away from the pedals, i'll probably make some sort of cover one day anyways....
slowly starting to look more complete!
aside from this stuff, i've been mostly doing small wiring stuff, got the park/neutral/reverse switches and wires all connected on the shifter finally, and I wired the 2 way into the radio power on the loom, so its just another plug and also turns off with the ignition!
and last but not least, I have tested the 2 cruise modules I had, one that came with the 304 and one from a VX, both of them don't do anything in my van so I tested them on my brothers vs ute and they do nothing on it, so I grabbed his module and I can at least get it to do the first part of the diagnostics where it moved the throttle to 20% and back, so I know most of the wiring is alright .... I have a replacement module on the go so once I get that should hopefully just about be done with the cruise control once I find a spot to mount it!
so now the cruise is ok I'm just about ready to call the loom finished! just need to extend one or two bits to suit the different location of the shifter and then probably be done!
this weekend is looking like its pretty free of duties so the missus and I are hoping to put a lot of time into our hobbies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
NOG181_l67gem
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:46 pm
- cars: TE Gemini L67 T5
VK Calais EFI 304
HQ Tonner 383 Tunnel Rammed on gas
VN SS 304 Harrop top mount throttle body
Re: CF Bedford Van
Prob one of the only vans I'd ever own, that's PHAT can't wait to see that humming one day
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah I am a bit the same, not many vans I like the look of, and like this one it looks cool but it lacks a lot of technology ..... well it did 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
started holidays this week so decided to get the last bits I needed and finish off the Bedford exhaust system!
its not as quiet as I expected with the hotdog on the rear, but its still probably quiet enough to pass noise test so i'll start with that and see what its like when on the road!
so just need to put a bit of paint on it and its pretty well done, but trying to run it up and get the muffler hot so the sticker comes off it before I paint it!
very happy with the sound and the end result
its not as quiet as I expected with the hotdog on the rear, but its still probably quiet enough to pass noise test so i'll start with that and see what its like when on the road!
so just need to put a bit of paint on it and its pretty well done, but trying to run it up and get the muffler hot so the sticker comes off it before I paint it!
very happy with the sound and the end result
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread