XDF codes

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
kelvin
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
cars: Commodore

XDF codes

Post by kelvin »

I'm looking for an XDF for a VN. There are lots of XDF's on here, but with number descriptions not car model types. What's the one for VN. Sorry, I'm new to this.
I've got an Ecotec in a VN rallycar running off the VN computer.
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: XDF codes

Post by Doctor Bob »

its probably a $5D
what is the broacast code of the memcal ( the 4 letter code on the delco sticker )?

Rob
kelvin
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
cars: Commodore

Re: XDF codes

Post by kelvin »

I think someone has already had a go at this one. There is no window on the PROM , no chip type and it's maked "Marobi Stage 3". Can't find a Delco sticker on the memcal, but the computer box has a sticker with a 4 letter code AWUY, mean anything?. Anyway I can pick up another computer no troubles. Just need to know how you pick the XDF to suit the Computer.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: XDF codes

Post by Holden202T »

the 4 letter code on the memcal (AWUY for example) is how you work out what one you need .... if you have a look at http://www.memcals.com/rcc_info_memcals.html

you will see that awuy is a $B1 code so you need to find a $B1 xdf for it....

having said that i wouldn't be so sure thats whats running in the car especially if you have a label like you mention on the eprom!

i think really you need to extract the code off the chip and upload it here and someone will be able to identify it for sure ....
kelvin
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
cars: Commodore

Re: XDF codes

Post by kelvin »

Beautiful, that's what I needed. I'm sure it's all out there, just a case of finding it. Thanks.
But back to the eprom. So with no window, is it a eeprom or a once only prom, in which case would I need to replace it.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: XDF codes

Post by delcowizzid »

could be an eeprom or OTP one time programmable .marobi's are normally grossly rich read it off with a programmer if you can find a part number on the chip
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem