How to loose 200kgs?....
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Fark me, that brake rotor looks like swiss cheese 
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
yep, has had a lot of material removed, not only by drilling but also machining of the OD and most other faces, still very heavy though..immortality wrote:Fark me, that brake rotor looks like swiss cheese
Rears look about the same
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
how about wilwood calipers and carbon ceramic disks? I found with my struts the disks were the heaviest item on the assembly, caliper was pretty heavy too.
Coil overs would help too.
Coil overs would help too.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
they are $2800 ish each, times four... no...carbon ceramic disks?
Have already ordered a complete 'Dynalite' wilwood package
Already running aluminum coil overs
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
go on a jockey diet?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Or I could drive, I'm a lot lighter lol
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
No beer ? I'l have yours for u ?Biggvl wrote:![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
NO...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
as above...vlad01 wrote:Or I could drive, I'm a lot lighter lol
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
speaking of driver weight, when my brother sit in the pass seat, he'd be 80 odd Kg, I'm like wtf! why is the car so slow? you fat shit!
I notice if even that amount of weight is added. When a full car, holy shit it's noticeable. Also when I carried my block, rods, crank and flywheel to the machinist in the boot, wow, slow as hell and longer to stop and terrible handling, felt like a full trailer on the car and it swayed like crazy when I nudged the wheel, had a real doughy/swishy response to cornering. Commodores dont like "well balanced weight distribution" as little as possible weight in the rear vs the front makes them way more agile and controllable and also more twitchy I have found.
I notice if even that amount of weight is added. When a full car, holy shit it's noticeable. Also when I carried my block, rods, crank and flywheel to the machinist in the boot, wow, slow as hell and longer to stop and terrible handling, felt like a full trailer on the car and it swayed like crazy when I nudged the wheel, had a real doughy/swishy response to cornering. Commodores dont like "well balanced weight distribution" as little as possible weight in the rear vs the front makes them way more agile and controllable and also more twitchy I have found.