Simtec ECU Puzzle, I have the missing piece!!

European GM ECUs and PCMs
silentshout
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:49 pm
cars: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon v6
VP v6 Commodore auto (Mates car, currently tuning it)

Simtec ECU Puzzle, I have the missing piece!!

Post by silentshout »

After a long hiatus Im back again with some mildly good news. I was never able to get a hold of that other ecu, but thanks to some sources I have managed to get the 256kb portion of the ECU that cant be obtained from the OBDII port.

My next goal is to see what i can do with it. I have access to IDA pro 64x Bit however im having no luck with disassembly as its a whole different language from Hex (which i spent 12 months learning)

Im going to put it into Winols to see if it comes up with anything or not. Hopefully i can join the two so they are just one file in winols, but we will see.

When im home ill upload the files if anyone wants to join in on the fun :)

Aparrently the ECU code is the same between the z18xe, z22xe and a few others that share the same Simtec Family. Just the 24kb map file is different.

If anyone has any tips on joining the two bin files together that would be handy.
User avatar
j_ds_au
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Simtec ECU Puzzle, I have the missing piece!!

Post by j_ds_au »

At the DOS prompt, you can type :
copy /b filename1+filename2 filename3
(no spaces around that plus character)

Joe.