Who on here has had some god experience with Ford tuning?
I have a vehicle that has been tuned by another WELL-KNOWN dyno tuner & may have made good power but street driveability is useless!
I have made a good adjustment that makes it more driveable but has a few flat spots & then chugging on decel in certain gears being a manual.
But without being able to log it it's hard to know where to go, I had a cam change tune from another shop I did the patch across to this catch code & is what has made it driveable but need to be able to fine tune it better?
Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.
EEC-IV or EEC-V Tuning
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
j_ds_au
- Posts: 387
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am
- Location: Sydney
Re: EEC-IV or EEC-V Tuning
Well, if it's Ford's version of OBD1, then I don't believe it can be logged, it just spits out Trouble codes. OBD2 is a different story.
Joe.
Joe.
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: EEC-IV or EEC-V Tuning
A quarter horse can log but only if you can find an adx file and xdf file to match up with the box code on the ecu. you can buy binary editor and pay for what ford people call a stratergy file (xdf type file for the software) but you will need to pay for the software and xdf and it will be locked to that 1 ecu box code unless you pay again. do you know the box code?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: EEC-IV or EEC-V Tuning
Seeing it is EL I don't think OBDII was out then, I have heard of people tuning with SCT for AU's which it's the same PCM type so I can't see why it's not possible.
The Catch code of the PCM is 4DAF which uses strategy N4MG90, but the tune used on it was 4TAC which is strategy N4MG80.
I do have the TI performance tuning controller which can load as emulator in TP5, but not sure how much control it has?
The Catch code of the PCM is 4DAF which uses strategy N4MG90, but the tune used on it was 4TAC which is strategy N4MG80.
I do have the TI performance tuning controller which can load as emulator in TP5, but not sure how much control it has?