Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Seat belts are only for when hitting trees.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
The poor old thing will probably go bang soon
Whats with the 66mm throttle body?
Whats with the 66mm throttle body?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
machined one up myself 5 years ago to 65mm, soon as I got to 65mm the purge ports broke through and I had 2 8mm holes to deal with, so I tapped them and ran 2 tapered brass plugs from the inside of the TB, re-machined it to 66mm, got mace to make me a plate for 30 something bucks, worked out the new port locations, drilled them with 1mm drill bits, fitted brass tapered barbs the other way, good as gold.
So cost me less that 50 bucks to make a larger quality TB, the v8 ones 2nd hand at the time and probably still do cost over 100 bucks and machined ones were 220 back then. V8 ones dont fit V6 ones without mods to the cruse control linkage and cable bracket. So its work either way.
It wont go bang, its buick
neither will the box, its got 592,500km of serious abuse, hasn't quit then, wont quit now.
So cost me less that 50 bucks to make a larger quality TB, the v8 ones 2nd hand at the time and probably still do cost over 100 bucks and machined ones were 220 back then. V8 ones dont fit V6 ones without mods to the cruse control linkage and cable bracket. So its work either way.
It wont go bang, its buick
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Time for some forced induction if it's only just getting run in, may be change the clutch though ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFrxX7nRfE[/youtube]
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Just looked at that vacationer tune, nice amount of timing I bet it's pretty responsive in the VR with the manual!
Have you tried any leaner AFR's in to 100kpa areas? It might make a bit more power in the 12.8 range?
Good work great to see the V6's getting some good attention.
Have you tried any leaner AFR's in to 100kpa areas? It might make a bit more power in the 12.8 range?
Good work great to see the V6's getting some good attention.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Cant see it, says it's private.vlad01 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFrxX7nRfE[/youtube]
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
try now, youtube was having a heart attach yesterday and it didn't even publish a title or description.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah it has 5% more timing across the table compared to the VR due to lower comp.Dylan wrote:Just looked at that vacationer tune, nice amount of timing I bet it's pretty responsive in the VR with the manual!
Have you tried any leaner AFR's in to 100kpa areas? It might make a bit more power in the 12.8 range?
Good work great to see the V6's getting some good attention.
I think the VE must be out a heap as it misfires and carries on for 20sec after starting and only get 450-500k out of a tank where the VR with same tune bar the 5% difference in spark and reinstated stock injector specs, where the VR gets easy 800k
Time to mod the loom and add a VR OBD socket and WB connector and do it properly, can't be using that much fuel can we, even if my work pays for it all lol
The stangest thing is the engine sounds way different now, more throaty in the mid to high, where as before it screamed like a motorbike.
Also planting it going from 100 to 110 in 3rd has this loud induction howl. 1st time I thought something was wrong haha. Never had that sound before.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
is it me but did you just pull ~9 sec 0-100 in that thing?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.