Anyone had experience with this product - MMO - or Marvel Mystery Oil - designed additive to 'clean' your engine of sludge and gunk gradually between oil changes?
Always done my changes regularly on my wifes VX and its clean as inside, so no need for it on that. Every 2nd change or so I add an engine oil flush and idle it for 10 mins and then dump the oil out.
In my Holden V8 in my Hilux, it was severely gunked up when i put it in (wrecker motor), I put 2.5L of diesel (yes diesel) in the crank case and ran it at idle for 30 minutes. The usual black came out after running it, but it significantly improved the motor and it runs alot better since. I know this is frowned upon by many people but I did this as an experiment, as, if it didn't work, the engine was coming out for a rebuild anyway (and still will).
My wrecker V6 motor while OK up in the heads, in the valley was very 'crusty' with chunks of coagulated oil in there which i cleaned out as best I could, but am mindful getting it nice and warm and an oil change after its run for 1000km. The oil in the sump is nice and black telling me its not been changed in a while and is good to come out.
Keen on leveraging peoples experience over the years. I've only been here for 42




