Hey Guys,
Anybody upgraded to Windows 10?
Any compatibility issues with the likes of Tunerpro RT etc?
I can get a free upgrade but not sure if I want to upgrade and have hassles with compatibility issues etc. I don't mind Win 7 to much TBH.
Windows 10
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Windows 10
Ive upgraded as a fresh install. Tuner pro ose plug in and ose flash tool all ok.
My GQ4X burner all ok. Tazzi's Advanced Engine Diagnostics working ok. Also both my USB interfaces all good.
On another note I think it's a fantastic OS well worth the upgrade.
I was still on windows 7 waiting for the next one. Wasnt interested in 8 at all.
My GQ4X burner all ok. Tazzi's Advanced Engine Diagnostics working ok. Also both my USB interfaces all good.
On another note I think it's a fantastic OS well worth the upgrade.
I was still on windows 7 waiting for the next one. Wasnt interested in 8 at all.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Windows 10
That is good to know. my laptop is getting on in age, just not sure?
My old man had win 8, yuk.
My old man had win 8, yuk.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Windows 10
I run it on one about 6 years old. It loves it. 64 bit as well.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Windows 10
everything works for me.... except im having some issues getting ose flash tool to recognise my loggerv2. all other usb interfaces work fine. im going to try a new comport driver later tonight and see how it goes.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Windows 10
Well, on my little no-name brand windows tablet.. it actually changed the drivers of the intel chips to some default windows one! Was really odd!
After I did a "update drivers", it was all good again!
I was pretty excited for the "Virtual desktop". Although I thought it was going to allow myself to have multiple desktop screens, which can have their own individual icons and programs running in each. Would have been nice to split up all the car stuff in one desktop, and everything else in the other. That was my own let down so far!
After I did a "update drivers", it was all good again!
I was pretty excited for the "Virtual desktop". Although I thought it was going to allow myself to have multiple desktop screens, which can have their own individual icons and programs running in each. Would have been nice to split up all the car stuff in one desktop, and everything else in the other. That was my own let down so far!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Windows 10
ima bit lost... isnt that exactly what it does?? it does have separated desktops for me... the icons even disappear fromt he taskbar on desktop 1 when you move those apps to desktop 2..
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Windows 10
Have seen quite a few issues with upgrades and non UEFI compliant bios's, you mainly need UEFI bios for the Hard Drive so it supports GPT which is a like a checksum addon to NTFS to help stop corruption, other than that ive done it on several machines even upto 5yr old laptops which is being quicker or just the same as windows 7 was. I liked windows 8.1 which added start menu back and was much the same as windows 10 but just with a mandatory full screen tile instead of shrunk down to the start menu size, windows 10 basicly just adds the new menus which overall win 8, 8.1, 10 is just a cover throw over windows 7. I have found windows 10 about 10gig smaller than windows 8.1 install. I have one machine with win10, office 365 and a few other apps on a 60gig ssd and still has 30gig free.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Windows 10
This is now fixed for the next flashtool release. It was the new Microsoft usbser.sys driver for CDC class devices (the logger is a proper USB port, not a FTDI type device so uses a different driver) that responds differently to how you get the com ports from the system.Jayme wrote:everything works for me.... except im having some issues getting ose flash tool to recognise my loggerv2. all other usb interfaces work fine. im going to try a new comport driver later tonight and see how it goes.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Windows 10
Not sure your following what I meant there.Jayme wrote:ima bit lost... isnt that exactly what it does?? it does have separated desktops for me... the icons even disappear fromt he taskbar on desktop 1 when you move those apps to desktop 2..
Ill grab some pictures from the tablet later.. maybe theres a new update already, havent actually turned the tablet on in a while.
I mean the actual desktop icons, not just the task bar icons. So Id like to be able to put all car related icons on one desktop, then all R&D on another, and then a plain standard desktop as the primary.
Currently, I can do is I can run different software in different virtual desktops.
So I could have TunerPro running in desktop2, and have google chrome in desktop 1 ect. But I can't actually manage the desktop icons and separate them into different task views.
Either way, Im still pretty happy with w10 regadless
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
