My Delcoed Rides

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

I would need to check the springs for current pressures, but when installed they were about 130lb on the seat and around 320lb or something like that at max lift which is in 0.507 ex 0.533
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

Holden202T wrote:so I've added an accelerometer to my data logger, and got the logger all flat and solid mounted to the floor of the car, and hoping to get some good data from it leaving the line :)

below is a test I did in the shed stabbing the throttle to see that the g force axis were reading.....
g-force log test.jpg
not sure why my readings are so jumpy compared to VL400's, can only assume its the solid mounted engine with lumpy cam compared to his smooth as silk Lexus V8 ;)

I've also added in the Z axis which VL400 didn't connect in his, not sure how much use it will be and im not sure the axis is reading correctly at the moment, but time will tell! I guess it should tell if the car is lifting or dropping in the front end ?
so further to this post, I got to testing my g-force meter over the weekend :) .... I'm not sure how accurate it is but none the less this is what it shows me over the 1/8th mile and if nothing else I can use it to compare against another track like Sydney with more traction etc.
g-force log.jpg
I did see a few variations in the logs, and as you can see from this one the speedo shows a bit of wheel spin off the line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

hhhhhmmmmmmmm .... bit of cutting and this might fit :D
P1120927.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Dylan »

Whats that thing on top on the middle?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I know its been a while since I've seen a carby too hahahah!
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Jayme »

Dylan wrote:Whats that thing on top on the middle?
somethign that wouldnt be there long :D

Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:hhhhhmmmmmmmm .... bit of cutting and this might fit :D
P1120927.JPG
is it wrong to be aroused by this?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by HQ355 »

vlad01 wrote:
Holden202T wrote:hhhhhmmmmmmmm .... bit of cutting and this might fit :D
P1120927.JPG
is it wrong to be aroused by this?
Yes, now go and play with your bag of sparks again
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by vlad01 »

:lol:
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by psyolent »

no. its not. still curious as to that funny thing in the middle ;)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.