265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by VK_3800 »

If it ends up anything like mine you have to cut them on quite an angle so there's very little below the O ring on the throttle body side but quite a bit longer on the head side. I looked up the spray angle of the injector and got the die grinder in through the bottom once installed to taper out the inside of the long edge to avoid shrouding.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks mate, yes I can picture what you mean. What angle did you set your injectors at?
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by VK_3800 »

I just aimed them as close to the back of the intake valve as I could - couldn't quite get that far but one edge of the spray pattern will hit it hopefully the air flow should make up for the rest. They are a touch over 5 degrees off vertical but of course being a V8 everything's on an angle to begin with. edit: actually being a 90 degree V8 that would make it a 50 degree angle (45 + 5). And it also helps a lot to get them as close to the end of the intake runner/to the head face as possible

It depends on the shape of your head ports but looking at your manifold you should be able to get a pretty good angle?
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks again, I reckon I might use one of my spare cast iron manifolds and spare steel injector bungs and do a test run
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

G'day all. Just installed the NVRAM and Comms to the ECM, plugged it into the PC and loaded up the drivers. At least that bit worked as I am not 100% confident in the soldering, man those connections are small (to me). I haven't gotten any further as yet except downloading but not installing tuner pro and the bin files. I may have asked this before but Can I connect to the ECM purely on the laptop so that I can check that it still works and that I haven't stuffed anything. Cheers.
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by festy »

Assuming it's an '808...
If you switch ignition on, the NVRAM's LED should turn on (as long as you have the bank jumper on I think) - if you switch ignition off again, the LED should stay on for a few seconds before going off.
If it does that, it's a good sign that the ECU is running correctly.
If however the LED turns off immediately with ignition, that probably indicates something's wrong.

To test the comms, you'll need to use either the flash tool or Tuner Pro + OSEPlugin.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

When connecting the usb should make the old beep and do tbe installing a s ready to use thing down near the clock.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Jayme »

I think you are asking if you can connect with the ecm on the bench not in the car? You have to power the ecm through the car loom before you will be able to connect.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks, the drivers and port loaded up fine and I could see the port in device manager.

Understood re powering up the ECM via the loom. Cheers
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

G'day all, is it possible to run as an ignition only system to start off with. I have got a test 245 engine running off an MSD 6AL, valiant electonic dizzy, with a carby and was thinking if I make small changes at a time it might be easier to trace back problems. I could replace the MSD with the camira ignition,and loom, test and move forward to fuel from there. . BTW really happy when I heard the motor fire up after plugging together looms found in boxes in the VH bootCheers