How to loose 200kgs?....

immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by immortality »

I like those pedals :) Does the brake unit include adjustment for brake bias?

I'd mount it closer, small hydraulic lines over a long distance may effect how well it works.

Have you considered putting just a small tack weld on the bush after it is pressed into the arm, might be enough to prevent it from moving.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Yeah, pedals are nice :D has got a dash mounted bias knob, got to find some where to mount it so as i can reach it when strapped in.

I thought that the extra lenght would aid in cooling too, but not sure how hot the fluid will get now with fixed rpm (had to run a cooler other wise would boil the fluid after 10 laps with the old setup...), am worried about pressure drop over a long distance...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Holden202T »

Biggvl wrote:Yeah, pedals are nice :D has got a dash mounted bias knob, got to find some where to mount it so as i can reach it when strapped in.
down beside the seat if the cable is long enough!

I've seen some late models that have a big speed brace type of handle sticking out of the dash to work them too!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

great progress.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Anybody used one of these in a project before, its from a Holden Barina, seem to be a popular conversion in europe, I wonder how much torque they can cope with???

Image
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Dylan »

I've heard of them being used and pretty sure I read somewhere Delcowizzed used on on an old commodore.
Always kept the idea in my head for one day. Id love to see it done.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

Just out of curiosity are they expensive ? Would be a good option on something like an LC-LJ torana where power steer was never offered, and it keeps all the steering geometry all standard as well
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

I ordered one this morning from an XC barina for $120 complete
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

Bargain !
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Dylan »

Keep us updated please very interested.