Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
FXST02
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 am
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan
Location: Perth WA

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by FXST02 »

vlad01 wrote:its actually a replacement for the roof lining plastic trim that goes across the back window. you grind down all the broken clips and glue these on. They are exactly the same as the clips they replace. Even have a cutout to locate on the little risers next to the clips giving perfect alignment. This guy put a lot of thought in to the design.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vn-Vp-Vr-Vs- ... 2357822472
Bit of a rort for five plastic clips must work for Holden. $50 plus postage.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

better than paying 200 for a used trim, if you can find one.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

So away I go.

IMG_2447_zps19nban2m.jpg
IMG_2448_zpsjl90x15s.jpg
PS pulley done.
IMG_2446_zpsrcjqlnhc.jpg
Ever seen a control arm so clean in bare metal. plastic bead blasting, acid bath and zinc phosphate ftw!
IMG_2450_zpsk6pfn0xc.jpg
painting them all up.
IMG_2453_zpsz3b5tnxn.jpg
invested in some more tools lately.

Did my older brother's brakes on Friday. Got stuck at the brake lines. Went quickly into town and boy I glad I got these, for years I been busting my balls trying to undo hard lines.
IMG_2452_zpsht4yv5xt.jpg
Also got a heat gun, angle meter and ring compressor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I scored this as well.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181849385682

been a long time sice I saw one of these and its got a NOS boot included so a good deal considering the trims are going over 500 these days.

VN-VP stuff has sky rocketed in the last 2 years. Around 300% I estimate, people are stating to restore them to factory now.

There is a guy on ebay atm selling up a whole heap of NOS goodies for vn and vp. Has a concorous VN SS and selling up left overs.

I picked up the boot retainer for the above trim from him and also hope to win a black climate control fascia for the vacationer.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

jeezus vlad i hope you paid less than that :|

i reckon those parts would be iced over after lastnight - my mate up the road from you copped -3.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I paid 350. Cheapest one I seen in almost 2 years. NOS that is. Broken used ones are 150 normally. Buy once, cry once.

This arrived in the mail.
IMG_2458_zpsv9x36pgz.jpg
nah just a mild frost. Seriously this is just mild, looked cool though, hence the pic. Doors opened like normal so definitely a mild one. Severe frosts I need to melt all the ice off the door seals to get the doors open and the water on the car refreezes after I get out of the driveway, doesn't melt until I get past Gisborne, about 35Km.

It was great on the weekend, max of 10.5, was out most of the day in a shirt and shorts feeling a bit warm.
IMG_2454_zpsxwbhmkd8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah looks like a heat wave, can't beat the insulating properties of a tinfoil hat ! Fuck I hate the cold
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Second that... Bring on summer :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

third that. been bloody cold to me bones this year. first time since i was a kid at school have i been this cold. the old coonara has been keeping us warm, beats the shitty central heating any day. bloody expensive to run though.

i hear you on the shifter surround. its done now mate.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

It has been a cold winter this year. Glad I've spend a good bit of time fitting insulation in the roof and underfloor recently.