VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Dylan »

Is it your daily driver? If not you may be able to post it to someone.
Ztealth
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:41 am

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Ztealth »

It's my weekend driver :D

Yeah - posting it to someone to get it done is an option. But I'd rather buy the bits to do it myself though - as there might be a theoretical change that needs to be made...only to have it done via posting, and have the idle still not sorted. Having said that...that's why I still want to tinker with the snap on scanner a bit more - and then work out if tune changes is what is actually needed.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Dylan »

That's the go get the gear and do it yourself! Its good fun. Best thing to do then is have it read by a guru and have spark afr's ve etc copied into 12P. Get a wideband and get into. You will be surprised the improvement's you will find!
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by kojab »

CAPA don’t supply 2 BAR forced induction memcals with there supercharged kits. They never have and just use the factory Delco bin fudged to work with a 2 BAR sensor. Best bet is to start again using 12P. You will be pleasantly surprised when you re-tune using a decent true forced induction bin. In the past ten years I have seen and retuned many of these poorly tuned CAPA supercharged kits.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by antus »

x2

Once you get the bin you might find this xdf will work for you, or you can look at the bin in the thread here - it should be close to what you have on the car. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto ... 04&p=11435

Hacky (capas method) is better than flat out wrong, but doing it right is where you will really win.

Have a look at the FAQ (link near top right) to get started. The bin and xdf from the other thread and a copy of tunerpro rt should give you enough to start looking at.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by vlad01 »

kojab wrote:CAPA don’t supply 2 BAR forced induction memcals with there supercharged kits. They never have and just use the factory Delco bin fudged to work with a 2 BAR sensor. Best bet is to start again using 12P. You will be pleasantly surprised when you re-tune using a decent true forced induction bin. In the past ten years I have seen and retuned many of these poorly tuned CAPA supercharged kits.

I love how some of their 7psi kits say, "no tuning required"

What!? they crazy?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Jayme »

need some fine print.

"No Tuning Required" we bear no responsibility for your engine being underpowered and having an astronomically higher risk of failure.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by vlad01 »

hahaha
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by vlad01 »

So I did remember correctly. Here it is

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vsvy_v6.htm


love the plumbing store hardware on their kits, real professional lol :lol:
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VS V8 2 bar CAPA bin

Post by Jayme »

in their defense, at least on the ecotec, the MAF and injectors will accommodate for a certain amount of extra air.... I doubt that number is 7psi though!