Hi,
I read the pcm hacking guide. But still a little hazy on what I need...
I have a Vn Ecu that I want to be able to tune, or at least unlock in readiness to be tuned.. Just built a 355 stroker and plan on running 840cc injectors on E85.
Can anyone give me a guide on what I actually need to buy to be able to program this delco Ecu?
Cheers!
Vn Ecu tuning
-
damianm79
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:04 am
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vn Ecu tuning
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3613 This will give you a usb port on the side of the ECM and allow you to communicate with the ECM via a USB port
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3932 This is a realtime tuneable memcal unit, once fitted with $11P/$12P tune will allow you to use tunerpro to connect to the ecm and make changes LIVE.
I'd also suggest you get a wideband controller/sensor and wire that into the ECM so it shows in data logs, unless your tuning on a dyno there is really no other way to do it without this.
its probably also worth getting yourself an eprom programmer eg. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310332493508
and if you want to ever erase and write to original UV eproms, then you will want a uv eraser eg. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390630329287
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3932 This is a realtime tuneable memcal unit, once fitted with $11P/$12P tune will allow you to use tunerpro to connect to the ecm and make changes LIVE.
I'd also suggest you get a wideband controller/sensor and wire that into the ECM so it shows in data logs, unless your tuning on a dyno there is really no other way to do it without this.
its probably also worth getting yourself an eprom programmer eg. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310332493508
and if you want to ever erase and write to original UV eproms, then you will want a uv eraser eg. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390630329287
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
damianm79
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:04 am
Re: Vn Ecu tuning
Thankyou very much for the detailed response!
If I get the nvram memcal, do I still need the eeprom programmer and uv eraser if I can live tune it?
I assume the nvram is designed to replace the standard memcal rom?
If I get the nvram memcal, do I still need the eeprom programmer and uv eraser if I can live tune it?
I assume the nvram is designed to replace the standard memcal rom?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vn Ecu tuning
yes but if you manage to corrupt the tune on the nvram then you need an eprom programmer to put it back on there, or post it to someone to do it for you.
and if you ever want to remove the realtime gear from the car and put the tune onto a stock memcal then you'll want the uv eraser and the programmer ..... or post it to someone along with some cash to do it for you.
and if you ever want to remove the realtime gear from the car and put the tune onto a stock memcal then you'll want the uv eraser and the programmer ..... or post it to someone along with some cash to do it for you.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
damianm79
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:04 am
Re: Vn Ecu tuning
Gotcha...
Appreciate the reply.. Now it all makes sense.
Thanks.
Appreciate the reply.. Now it all makes sense.
Thanks.