Howdy all,
Had a car dropped to me & it was converted from vy flash based n/a PCM to vy memcal L67 based & only pcm's were changed (bcm & cluster stayed in the vehicle).
Since linking which went fine & car starts & runs the fuel gauge has changed which I thought could only happen in bcm or cluster write/change?
It has got half a tank of fuel but gauge shows full?
Link vy memcal based PCM
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Link vy memcal based PCM
PCM has nothing to do with the fuel guage in a VY V6, seems odd....
Coincidence?
Coincidence?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Link vy memcal based PCM
Yeah my sentiments exactly, need to get it running a bit better first seeing it's got A2A setup & then if I have time I will try & sort out gauge issue, but if it was just after linking if it did have anything to do with it from my experience the only thing that could have changed was if the tool that linked also corrupted/wrote something to the BCM or cluster.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Link vy memcal based PCM
Sorry about the late reply, been a bit under the pump this week!
No I haven't had time to look at that part of the car, but he picked it up yesterday to get a couple of other issue's sorted & got him to fill it up to see what it did when he filled it up, was around 3/4 on gauge before fill, took 34 Litres & went down to 1/4 originally after fill it came back to me today & has been showing 3/4 since I saw it & only driven 20Km's at a guess!
No I haven't had time to look at that part of the car, but he picked it up yesterday to get a couple of other issue's sorted & got him to fill it up to see what it did when he filled it up, was around 3/4 on gauge before fill, took 34 Litres & went down to 1/4 originally after fill it came back to me today & has been showing 3/4 since I saw it & only driven 20Km's at a guess!
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Link vy memcal based PCM
Ahhhhh.... sounds like the fuel sender or cluster have been swapped out... very odd!.VX L67 Getrag wrote:Sorry about the late reply, been a bit under the pump this week!
No I haven't had time to look at that part of the car, but he picked it up yesterday to get a couple of other issue's sorted & got him to fill it up to see what it did when he filled it up, was around 3/4 on gauge before fill, took 34 Litres & went down to 1/4 originally after fill it came back to me today & has been showing 3/4 since I saw it & only driven 20Km's at a guess!
If filling the car up causes the gauge to go down.. then somethings happen to either sender or cluster from what I understand??
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Link vy memcal based PCM
I agree with Tazzi.
Wonder if they also changed he fuel pump and sender assembly to support the l67 setup?
Wonder if they also changed he fuel pump and sender assembly to support the l67 setup?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Link vy memcal based PCM
From what I was told nothing else was changed the could cause it, as I thought too it could only really be cluster have been sent odd info when linking, but they did change the fuel pump to a high volume so maybe they got the sender caught on something when re-installing.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic