Unfortunately I never got to big G's shop.
Bad news. On the small hours of Saturday I had an accident and completely fucked the car.
Its still to be assessed but for sure its a write off.
I was driving home from a friends house in Craigiburn and used the nav on the phone. Took me on this back road I never been before.
Got to a what I thought was a slight bend which was cutout of a hill and as i took the bent it became a 90º turn after the initial part of the bend.
Well, I was fucked as I was going about 70, where I needed to be going 30 tops. Did my best to try and slow down and hang onto the bitumen but slid off and head first into solid rock cliff face at 40-50km/h.
Was a really big hit. but I didn't even feel it and just tried to start the car and drive home but it lost electrical power within 15 sec. (battery turned to dust in the impact)
Got out and had a look... nope this is aint going anywhere.
So insurance is sorting it out. With Shannons and told of the whole thing and been really smooth so far and everything been taken care off and even sending it down to my panel beater/painter for a quote but honesty I just want to be written off and buy back the salvage to get all my parts out.
The crazy thing is this turn has no guard rails or even arrow signs around the bent so I could not even tell it was a sharp bent until I was partly around it. There was no visual ques in terms of marking/signage at the actual bend.
Apparently there is a bent advisory sign about 300m before the bent at the top of the hill but I don't recall even seeing it, not much use being so far ahead of the bend lol.
This is the spot. Going to talk to vicroads about them at least putting in those black/white arrow signs on the bend so you can the direction before you get to it.
Check it in street view heading down the hill and how deceiving it looks.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/37 ... !1s0x0:0x0
Good news is same day I have found a super clean series 2 VP which looks as clean as the VR, its red and looks awesome and grandpa spec. So really if this new one is as good as it looks I can get straight to the fun stuff and not worry about spending months getting all the body work and paint done.
Only real big bummer is all the vacationer stuff I have got made and sitting ready to go and I cant use it now.
I did find a vacationer for sale but its white and shit and I dont want white, 95% of them remaining are white making the blue ones extremely rare.
So red S2 exec it is!

red goes faster.