Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Jayme »

sorry... couldnt help it :D

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=alloytec+plenum+flap+rpm+open


theres an auto speed article that explains it.... its high rpm which its open.
funnily enough .... this thread is 3rd in the list of google LOL
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

ok will take a look
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

Hey, does anyone here know what rpm the alloytec.... err? oh looks like I looped around again lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Holden202T »

think of the flap in the plenum like a dual plane or single plane manifold .....

dual plane is good for street cars, single plane does fuck all below about 3000/4000rpm but works better at higher rpms!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:think of the flap in the plenum like a dual plane or single plane manifold .....

dual plane is good for street cars, single plane does fuck all below about 3000/4000rpm but works better at higher rpms!
So this potentially make the ecotec even more torquey at low rpm? not that its not torquey enough :lol:
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by TdracerTd »

We had a VE SV6 manual before the jeep. It went like a cut snake. I loved it, but the missus said it had to go, so we traded it on a Jeep and I traded the old landcruser on a VE SS Ute when she wasn't looking. :lol:
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by The1 »

the flap would open at higher rpm, when more volume is needed, lower rpm when more response is needed and less volume it's closed. Esentially overcoming the problem with ecotecs and the ballance of larger or smaller plenum as you get both. A Plenum like this for ecotec/buick with a rpm controlled flap would be insane
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

So lets do it!
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by HQ355 »

vlad01 wrote:So lets do it!
To a bunch of bannana's or other holden V8 manifold !
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Jayme »

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=2264

exactly as it says in the autospeed article... higher rpm = flap open