Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by antus »

http://www.avt-hq.com/852_hw.htm
Need a circuit configuration with VPW for this tool, and highly reccomend ADC for wideband support while logging (hook the widebands 0-5v output to the ADC input on the AVT.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

If tunercat works so well and its not vin locked why not support tunercat? Not to undermine the work which is incredible... but just a thought.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

because tunercat is dead... you cant buy it anymore. I believe the owner sold it to someone like JETDST who put vin licensing on top of it and killing off tunercat was part of that deal or something to that effect.
beerman
cars: 1997 Camaro

2004 FLHRCI

2006 GTO

Post by beerman »

I think you can still get one if you buy a roadrunner from Craig Moates

http://www.moates.net/gm-1996present-tu ... 00_55.html
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Can we use this program to flash the pcm yet? Kinda useless to only use it to read?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

04colyZQ8 wrote:Can we use this program to flash the pcm yet? Kinda useless to only use it to read?
Coding the native language for LS1's to build bootloaders isnt exactly a simple task. Building the write routines would be an extremely tedious and difficult task , requiring 100's if not 1000's of hours of free time, and also probably a couple grand worth of ECU' to test on also! :thumbup:

The ability to read out the bin without limitations is actually extremely useful.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yes, this is true. I dont have a car with an ls1 and this project has fallen by the wayside. There is no technical reason it could not be completed but as dimented24x7 has released a flash tool for ls1 that works with AVT cables, I suggest anyone wanting write use that. It does not support 1mb pcms like my tool does, but at the moment its too much work and not enough fun only for the handful of people who would buy an avt and have a need to program the 1mb pcm.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Yohan1979

Post by Yohan1979 »

antus wrote:Yes, this is true. I dont have a car with an ls1 and this project has fallen by the wayside. There is no technical reason it could not be completed but as dimented24x7 has released a flash tool for ls1 that works with AVT cables, I suggest anyone wanting write use that. It does not support 1mb pcms like my tool does, but at the moment its too much work and not enough fun only for the handful of people who would buy an avt and have a need to program the 1mb pcm.
Hi Antus - New user here, still reading and learning, but have been in communication with dimented24x7 and in the process of getting my components together to attempt tuning a couple of 12200411 (all parts ordered, including avt 852-002 rev L). Dimented mentioned that his xdf's do not support the unified 12212156 OS, but my box is from a 2001 and could still use the xdf's he's currently hosting. What coding skills are necessary to create the 12212156 xdf's? There are several of us over at JeepForum that would likely take advantage of license-free tuning if we had the option and I'm writing up the swap as I go to hopefully get more DIY users engaged. Planning to use TunerPro RT and will either rework the existing OS on my box, or reflash with the 12212156 OS using dimented24x7's flash tool, provided I can assemble the xdf's.
Great work! :thumbup: Looking forward to learning more...

Cheers,
Yohan
Chavez91
cars: LLY Duramax

Post by Chavez91 »

antus wrote:....... not enough fun only for the handful of people who would buy an avt and have a need to program the 1mb pcm.
New to this site, just kinda stumbled upon it, and have been lurking around for the past few days as I Picked up a AVT 852. Really caught my attention when I noticed your tool supported the LB7 Duramax. I wasn't sure if you ever implemented support for the LLY duramax also. I have easier access to a LLY but was gonna be messing around with some LB7 stuff on my bench harness this week. But I guess it would make me part of the handful that need 1mb support. :lol: Been messing around with the 2011 - 2015+ Truck for the past few years with those insane tricore bosch ecms with bootmode flashing. But im done with that, so now just continuing on a hobby for my older truck to learn more about how all this VPW and CAN stuff works.

Very cool tool though!

Lots of good info here also.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Thanks for letting me know. Being an Aussie I dont have any experience with Duramax trucks as they were not released here. It was an American who contacted me and found that it looked like it would work if I added support for the security algo, so I did, and to great surprise it read OK! I think he also tried the LLY but that failed. I am not sure though. Feel free to try it and report back.