I have a copy of the bin if it helps? Is your RT ecu in it with your NVRAM? That's worth more than the wreck alone.
Especially with spare memcals. Id love a stash of memcals no one wants to deal with change overs when burning them.
Vlad's rides thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Dylan wrote:I have a copy of the bin if it helps? Is your RT ecu in it with your NVRAM? That's worth more than the wreck alone.
Especially with spare memcals. Id love a stash of memcals no one wants to deal with change overs when burning them.
Yeah I pulled that gear out while I waited for the tow truck. But my OBD socket was hard wired into the loom so I couldn't grab it in time. All my ECU use SXR instead of USB comms.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
when I was assembling my brothers VP V6 I had similar issues with the lifters, I found that when I wound the motor over to full lift and left it for a bit they did eventually bleed down but it took a while! (like 10 minutes in some cases) but these are used ones that were put back in so were definitely full of oil.
certainly not like a 202 lifter im used to!
certainly not like a 202 lifter im used to!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
vp looks good with SS wheels. i have SS wheels on my VN.
that vp is mint vlad. good score.
that vp is mint vlad. good score.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
bit of an update.
Insurance was all approved and get a 2600 buck payout and the wreck back tomorrow. Will be towed to home on a tray and delivered. Yay!
for shits n giggles I might try get it drivable again lol.
Insurance was all approved and get a 2600 buck payout and the wreck back tomorrow. Will be towed to home on a tray and delivered. Yay!
for shits n giggles I might try get it drivable again lol.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I can see it going back to everyday duties if you get it driving and then youl have 3 mint commodores in the shedvlad01 wrote:bit of an update.
Insurance was all approved and get a 2600 buck payout and the wreck back tomorrow. Will be towed to home on a tray and delivered. Yay!
for shits n giggles I might try get it drivable again lol.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
depends if stat write off or not?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Dont think its a repairable write off, just a write off. Anyway just fixing the front end and add a battery so I can move it around.
Back to the fuel economy saga, I found some dodgy mechanic or someone pulled the the CEL out. Put a lamp back in and got 3 codes.
13,14 and 44.
13 and 44 is the o2.
14 is CTS reading more that 130 for 3 sec, 20sec after engine run while MAT is blah blah.
Thats an odd one as there is no wiring issues and I measured the CTS and it was well in spec. I will check that one with the RT ECU when I get my other car back.
So will try to pick up an O2 on the way to work and fit it at work.
Also my fuel gauge is dodgy. as it drops to 2/3-1/2 is drops to empty within 20km and if you keep driving after 100k it goes back to about 1/3 lol.
So thinking there is a dead spot on the sender. Doesn't matter as I have my shiny new tank and reco'd sender ready to go.
Back to the fuel economy saga, I found some dodgy mechanic or someone pulled the the CEL out. Put a lamp back in and got 3 codes.
13,14 and 44.
13 and 44 is the o2.
14 is CTS reading more that 130 for 3 sec, 20sec after engine run while MAT is blah blah.
Thats an odd one as there is no wiring issues and I measured the CTS and it was well in spec. I will check that one with the RT ECU when I get my other car back.
So will try to pick up an O2 on the way to work and fit it at work.
Also my fuel gauge is dodgy. as it drops to 2/3-1/2 is drops to empty within 20km and if you keep driving after 100k it goes back to about 1/3 lol.
So thinking there is a dead spot on the sender. Doesn't matter as I have my shiny new tank and reco'd sender ready to go.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Send it over to bigvl, he'll cut the front and rear out replace it with fibre glass and bar it out then it will be good as new!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:Send it over to bigvl, he'll cut the front and rear out replace it with fibre glass and bar it out then it will be good as new!
Race car time?