VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
-
Wood300
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 am
- cars: 2001 VX Berlina L67s/c
VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
This my first attempt at diagnosing a problem with my VX L67 Berlina, and I've noticed a couple of things that don't seem to be within range. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out by reading the info in the attached picture. I have just started using Tazzi's AED software and would like to know if what I am seeing is correct, or if I have a problem. The main concern is the injector voltage seems high - is that a normal reading? The readout is of the car at idle. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. Matt. (Not sure if I've attached pics properly - sorry! )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
yeah somethings not right there. you should be seeing very similar injector voltage to what the battery voltage is.....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
Doesn't the injector volts read high like that if the XDF/ADX is set up to use the injector voltage input for a WB O2?
What is the actual issue you are trying to diagnose?
edit: I see on the L67 forum you are worried about the idle O2 readings? Fairly sure (the factory tune) is set to go to open loop idle after a set time so the the O2 sensors will be reading high because the idle open loop target I believe is a little leaner than stoich target of 14.7:1 AFR. Shouldn't be anything to be worried about. Best to check that once you are driving and the system goes into closed loop mode the O2 sensors swing rich to lean to rich etc and you get cross counts as this will show that the O2 sensors are working correctly.
What is the actual issue you are trying to diagnose?
edit: I see on the L67 forum you are worried about the idle O2 readings? Fairly sure (the factory tune) is set to go to open loop idle after a set time so the the O2 sensors will be reading high because the idle open loop target I believe is a little leaner than stoich target of 14.7:1 AFR. Shouldn't be anything to be worried about. Best to check that once you are driving and the system goes into closed loop mode the O2 sensors swing rich to lean to rich etc and you get cross counts as this will show that the O2 sensors are working correctly.
-
Wood300
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 am
- cars: 2001 VX Berlina L67s/c
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
Thanks for the quick reply. I've logged a quick run this morning and the o2 sensors are going rich/lean as they're supposed to when cruising, so I think they are working correctly. I've just noticed that they stay rich on idle. I will record a few more logs and hopefully get a better idea on what's happening. I think my problem is that I have nothing to compare it with, so I may getting concerned over nothing.
Thanks for the info on the injector voltage, immortality, I'll do some reading on that and see if I can understand it, lol. I just got a little worried as I assumed it would be similar to battery voltage, as Holden202T said.
I apologise, I should have added that the tune is from Steve at Mace Engineering, who made some changes to the tune following the usual bolt on mods (pulley, rockers, cai, 98 fuel.) Can I use tunerpro to check what changes have been made? Would I need to remove the memcal from the car? Thanks again for your help, it's really appreciated.
Thanks for the info on the injector voltage, immortality, I'll do some reading on that and see if I can understand it, lol. I just got a little worried as I assumed it would be similar to battery voltage, as Holden202T said.
I apologise, I should have added that the tune is from Steve at Mace Engineering, who made some changes to the tune following the usual bolt on mods (pulley, rockers, cai, 98 fuel.) Can I use tunerpro to check what changes have been made? Would I need to remove the memcal from the car? Thanks again for your help, it's really appreciated.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
the o2 readings are what I'd expect to see at idle.
and yes you should be able to remove the memcal and get the tune out of it, or if you have an aldl cable you should be able to use it and ose flashtool to get the tune out without removing the memcal.
and yes you should be able to remove the memcal and get the tune out of it, or if you have an aldl cable you should be able to use it and ose flashtool to get the tune out without removing the memcal.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
Normally the injector voltage would indeed be the same as the battery/system voltage.
The injector line voltage was a mod used in the code to allow an external WB O2 sensor to get a signal directly into the PCM to allow for wideband tuning. I believe The1 used it in his enhanced tuning upgrades.
Tazzi will be able to confirm exactly what he's used in his software once he sees this thread but at this stage it's probably nothing to be concerned about.
You sure can compare, suck the tune out of the PCM using the OSE flash tool as recommended above, once you have that use the MEMCAL ID tool to identify which base tune has been used, then use the Tunerpro compare function to see what changes have been made between the tune you have and the standard tune it's based on. The Memcal ID tool has copies of all the factory tunes available and can be downloaded of this site as can the OSE flash tool. You will need to download Tunerpro off the net.
The injector line voltage was a mod used in the code to allow an external WB O2 sensor to get a signal directly into the PCM to allow for wideband tuning. I believe The1 used it in his enhanced tuning upgrades.
Tazzi will be able to confirm exactly what he's used in his software once he sees this thread but at this stage it's probably nothing to be concerned about.
You sure can compare, suck the tune out of the PCM using the OSE flash tool as recommended above, once you have that use the MEMCAL ID tool to identify which base tune has been used, then use the Tunerpro compare function to see what changes have been made between the tune you have and the standard tune it's based on. The Memcal ID tool has copies of all the factory tunes available and can be downloaded of this site as can the OSE flash tool. You will need to download Tunerpro off the net.
-
Wood300
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 am
- cars: 2001 VX Berlina L67s/c
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
Great, thanks for your help, Immortality. I'll shoot Tazzi a message and clarify the voltage issue (feel much better about it after your reply, I just freaked a bit when I saw 48 volts!) Thanks for the reply over on l67torque, too.
I'll definitely be doing some more reading and grabbing my tune from the car. It will be interesting to see what was changed. I'm also keen to take a look at The1's enhancements on the L67 tune. This stuff is pretty addictive
I'll definitely be doing some more reading and grabbing my tune from the car. It will be interesting to see what was changed. I'm also keen to take a look at The1's enhancements on the L67 tune. This stuff is pretty addictive
-
Wood300
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 am
- cars: 2001 VX Berlina L67s/c
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
Ok, so I have just heard from Tazzi and he confirmed that it is an incorrect calculation that he has rectified in the next release of the software. So thankfully it's not my car that has the issue. So, back to reading up on o2 sensors and getting a look at my tune. Feel much better know it's confirmed. There's so much to read!!
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
My Bad!
Yes it was pointed out to me before along with the "supercharge" selection was playing up. Which has also been rectified in the latest update to come out!
Yes it was pointed out to me before along with the "supercharge" selection was playing up. Which has also been rectified in the latest update to come out!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VX l67 Berlina - injector voltage high?
Also, if you wanna take easy pictures of the screen on the laptop. Type into the search bar "snipping tool". You can then clip a picture o anything on the screen easily!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
