Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

ejukated wrote:L67 overdrive balancer? Got bigger plans?
not really, just didn't want a stock balancers that falls apart from too much revving. So I got this race balancer.

But the option is always there for some boost.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

Where'd you get it from?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:that's not that different to the .01 I have for a stock VR v6 though ?

Not sure what the vr runs? it could be that.

I know the VP and VN run about 1mm deck, so 8 thou is a huge difference from 1mm lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

ejukated wrote:Where'd you get it from?

Anywhere that sell powerbond balancers. I bought it through Biggvl.

They are shit expensive!
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

Yeah looking for a reasonably priced one. Are you sure they have the same balance as a ecotec?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

ejukated wrote:Yeah looking for a reasonably priced one. Are you sure they have the same balance as a ecotec?

its not an ecotec one, its what powerbond offer for late VN to VR. They offer only that with 8PK overdrive in case you want a SC.

They do have an ecotec one, which is a different balance to what I have.

I got my whole assembly balanced together and they didn't even have to touch the race balancer.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

oh ok cool. Yeah the L67 balancers are $500 odd...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I paid close to that, not cheap but you know what they say.

You get what you pay for and buy once cry once.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Spent a day with Big G.

He lent my his car scales.

I was right VPs are light.

Full tank of fuel, bog stock with heavy auto, full AC and all the normal stuff.

Shitty pic but yeah, on the scales.
IMG_0150_zpsowfsodz4.jpg

Took to pics as one of the scales seemed to float around by 10-20kg
IMG_0151_zpssgn375ww.jpg
IMG_0153_zpshegcqq9f.jpg

Going to weigh the VR tomorrow, Think I have a full tank on that already?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

:wtf: wasn't expecting that...

I bet it spins the RHR wheel first, 80odd kgs difference...

Try it with you in it...

Also leave it to settle for a couple of minutes, that should stop it from floating
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...