L67 MAT sensor in spacer

immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

L67 MAT sensor in spacer

Post by immortality »

Hi Guys,

Going to fit a MACE 25mm manifold spacer in the missus Calais and seeing as I was always intending to fit a MAT sensor in the LIM I was thinking of putting the MAT sensor into the 25mm spacer instead. Has anybody done this before? Sensor is 2 wire so no issues there and been in the spacer it won't suffer from any heat soak like it does been mounted in an alloy manifold.

Pic of what I was thinking....
8a34b4781a0ac82a4e8f7184424106212e73633dd21f7b367b590f8ec51c6129.jpg
I know it's a CTS but it's just approx size and location. I can take the spacer to work and re-machine it on the mill and then drill and tap to suit. Sensor would end up hidden under the blower snout.

Can anybody see any issues with this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: L67 MAT sensor in spacer

Post by Holden202T »

I reckon it would still get some heat soak there but probably not as bad as other spots.
OZ38
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Re: L67 MAT sensor in spacer

Post by OZ38 »

Only probs I can see is getting the MAT sensor located well. The manifold spacer is really thick all over, where as the LIM's sidewall is thin enough to still get the short taper thread of the MAT to located correctly. Access later is also quite easy to get a tool onto it.

Cheers

Image

Image
Note * superceded part number is now 95710870.