Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I did leave it for a while. was swinging 45kg initially.

That rear right was the floaty one. Yeah to make matters worse, thats the the wheel the lifts under torque, so even less traction.

with me in it, it was about 1350.

With manual conversion, full sports system and extractors it should be low 1200s without me in it.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Sure, but how did you being in it affect the weight distribution? Was all your weight going over the RHR?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Sure, but how did you being in it affect the weight distribution? Was all your weight going over the RHR?

not sure, at that point I realized I had all the scales on the wrong corners and moved them tot he correct spot and never rechecked with me in it. I'm only 75kg so I don't play much of a roll in its overall weight/distribution.

What surprised me was how close to 50/50 they are, its actually about 60/40. I thought the front would be more like 800-900 up front and 300-400 at the rear, more like 70/30
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

No beef jerky for u vlad, u should be a whippet like myself ! (I'm not so I use 202t formulae of HP = everything )
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

but those sorts of food is how you stay slim.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

So I tested the other cars. That rear right scale is definitely dodgy, I worked out its about around 20-30kg at less than 100 and around 60-70kg out at the 300 mark.


So the VP is close to 1350, between the auto and manual spec's factory figures.


I did the type 3 and the VR as well.

VR is heavier even though the drive train certainly is much lighter than what the VP has. So if the VP had all the manual gear and good exhaust it should come down to 1280.

The VR currently weighs in at about 1390 which is heavier than even the auto spec'd factory weight lol.

The vacationer would of been the lightest by far as I stripped out all kinds of crap including AC and various rubber seals and interior parts.
IMG_2556_zpsra3yqt7u.jpg
the type 3.

geez, the are really ass heavy. hate to know what a beetle is like as they are shit loads lighter at the front and just as heavy at the rear as this.

Shit weight distribution for sure. Just ignore than rear right and add about 70kg. Brings it to about 940kg add another 20kg of the parts missing and that gives 960. Same spec as the some of the manuals say. Some say 1050 but I know thats now wrong.
IMG_2555_zpsn9xrxvmx.jpg


Also got cutting today.
IMG_2557_zpsmb91clgj.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

that must have been hard to do dude.
any chance you want to part with that cruise control module?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

how is the VR driveline heavier than the VN/P ?

its interesting to see though, my brothers VS Sedan stripped of all interior and only race fuel tank and such, and with 202 and trimatic, plus nos bottle, it 1240kg with him in it!!
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Wow, thats a lot more than I would have guessed :wtf:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

same. 1240kg seems very heavy.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.