Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

When do you want to drop by?
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

maybe next weekend? not this weekend. bathurst sunday, and, pick-a-part saturday AM and have to be back ASAP so the wife can go to some health thing on at jeff' shed. let me know when suits dude.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

should be fine i think
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Cam is on its way. Also after talking to Big G about timing sets he talked me into getting a double row one. So I ordered one from Mace as well as a machined oil pump cover.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Got the old engine out.
IMG_2577_zps5tfq3bxt.jpg
The engine mounts were a bit sad lol
IMG_2575_zpsijxzx3qh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Plenty fine
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

hmmmm?

so no wear as such but this thing was slipping something shocking by the end. there was a lot of oil in the bell housing. But the surfaces on the clutch looked and felt dry.
IMG_0155_zps9kspgwgb.jpg
IMG_0156_zpsrmmrsdw6.jpg

Some bits ripped from the disk. Wonder what caused that? The clutch was super grabby at times.
IMG_0157_zpsuht9qbae.jpg
IMG_0158_zpszo2xsidh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

engine mount is fine. is not leaking hydraulic fluid from it. good for a few miles just glue it up ;)
can't half tell where your clutch has been grabbin!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Wow, thats toast...

Doesnt look like the oil got to the friction material, shitty cable? Just because your foot is off the pedal doesnt mean your clutch has fully engaged, happens with a worn cable. Heat from one slip usually ruins the clamping rate of the clutch...

Bring the flywheel with you next time and ill grind it up for you.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

I'd just drop all the running gear in the new one, don't bother building the new motor