Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:
vlad01 wrote:So lets do it!
To a bunch of bannana's or other holden V8 manifold !
wouldn't really work unless you make a spaggeti manifold as nearly all V8s are cross plane and have odd induction order.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by HQ355 »

I know, I just want a decent V8 manifold without selling my 1st born lol
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

hahaha awesome.

got the same response as a v6 now.
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by yoda69 »

Great looking manifold, would be interested to see what individual fuelling for each cylinder is like.
Normally as on a V8 it is uneven firing bank to bank you end up with 2 cylinders in one bank firing after each other robbing air from each other, although their plenum size may help this.
Was looking at the header tube colour on each bank to see if a noticeable colour change, looks like there is one on each bank that is a little more purple, 3rd cylinder on LH bank (7) and 4th on RH bank(4).
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Gareth »

Well spotted
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by yoda69 »

Now one of those manifolds on a flat plane crank V8, that's another story...
On one of these would be real interesting:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... stang.html
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Gareth »

You lost me at Ford...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:You lost me at Ford...

LOL
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

yoda69 wrote:Now one of those manifolds on a flat plane crank V8, that's another story...
On one of these would be real interesting:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... stang.html
That was my thoughts exactly about the flat plane.