265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

That's great thanks
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

also, for things like knock sensor or closed loop, there is an enable temp, maxing it to 151 degrees will also mean it never gets hot enough to activate it, but generally if you unplug a sensor you will get an engine light all the time if you don't disable as above.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks for that.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, I am really going to show up my lack of auto electrical skills here. I have the positive battery leads and the earths installed under the head bolts and the ECM plugged in so now I need to tell this system to turn on, I have a switched 12 volts lead wire from the valiant ignition, what should I connect this to. I am guessing the ignition relay, even though I am still running the stock valiant starter relay, and there is a black and pink thin wire leading to the Camira ignition relay, is this what I should be connecting the ignition on wire to? If I am completely off track could someone please point me in the right direction. Any replies are much appreciated.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Just found my wiring diagram and confirmed the black and pink is correct, hooked it up and the relays click when I turn the ignition switch to on. Next is to move to the Camira coil etc and see if I can get spark.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Got the fuel pump relay operating after bypassing the oil pressure switch, now there is power for the pumps. I have stripped all the tape of the loom and slowly seperating the wires to get them where I need them.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

that doesn't sound right .... the pressure switch is only supposed to do something if the fuel pump relay is faulty ... and display a light on the dash if theres no oil pressure.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks. Ha, funny enough I just read that today when I was looking for something else.

When I checked the wiring diagram My initial thought that was the oil pressure switch cut the power to the fuel pumps if it didn't have pressure, but that's it the case. It's is as you state above. Saying that I don't get any voltage to the pumps without the bypass wire in the oil pressure switch but I assume the ECU doesn't power the pumps until the motor is actually running.

I have a blue light coming from the ECM so that's a good sign. I will install tuner pro tomorrow and see if I can get access to the ECM
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

I haven't got diagrams in front of me but i thought the oil pressure switch bridged the fuel pump relay coil as a sort of backup up limp home scenario? What ecu pin are you using to switch the fuel pump relay? It's A6 from memory.
For the record my memory is shocking.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Yes you are correct re the oil pressure switch.
And A6 is 12v ignition, which on the Camira is a pink wire. I connected the ignition to the pink wire at the end of the loom which I traced from being connected to the black and pink wire that activated the ignition relay. I might need to check this again to ensure that A6 has 12v when ignition is on.
12v battery is B1
Would the blue light be on in the ECM if A6 wasn't powered or does it just need A6?
The article I read said that when the ignition is turned on it activates the fuel pumps momentarily to pressure up the system for quick starting but then switches off. When I switch ignition on I only hear the ignition relay click but when I bypass the oil pressure switch I hear two distinct clicks, being ignition relay and fuel pump relay. At least I think I do, ha.