excellent smithers, excellent ....
get building i need more engine pron
Vlad's rides thread
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
haha, Im still waiting on my timing set from Mace though.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
man who do i have to kill to hurry em up 
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
had a look in the simulator with the cam specs. The profile was Clive's own one just ground to my timing requirements. My profile couldn't be done due to machine limitations on the small base circles or something along those lines.
So I find that the bottom end according to the sim is a bit lower but geez the top end is ridiculous lol. sim says 271hp from 5500 to 6000 lol.
As Clive was explaining the seat to seat duration may seem huge but a lot of it is almost nothing as its just few though lift at the valves as a means of smooth ramping. So realistically should be closer to my initial power curves and even Clive reckons his profile will get me very close to what I was after and said it should perform really well with this cam
So I find that the bottom end according to the sim is a bit lower but geez the top end is ridiculous lol. sim says 271hp from 5500 to 6000 lol.
As Clive was explaining the seat to seat duration may seem huge but a lot of it is almost nothing as its just few though lift at the valves as a means of smooth ramping. So realistically should be closer to my initial power curves and even Clive reckons his profile will get me very close to what I was after and said it should perform really well with this cam
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Seems weird, they used to be real quick with there deliveries.vlad01 wrote:haha, Im still waiting on my timing set from Mace though.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
what VE did you put into the analyzer?
are you using engine analyzer pro by chance. i used to use EAP aeons ago.
will the stock inlet manifold and 65mm flow enough to make that though? AFAIK its pretty restrictive?
are you using engine analyzer pro by chance. i used to use EAP aeons ago.
sim says 271hp from 5500 to 6000 lol.
will the stock inlet manifold and 65mm flow enough to make that though? AFAIK its pretty restrictive?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
what would a custom cam from Clive ground to supplied specs be worth roughly? I'm assuming they are billet cams?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
493 bucks iirc
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
the mace stuff is on its way.
Using an ecotec double row and machine oil pump cover.
punched in the block dowels and installed the rear oil gallery plugs. I was thinking where do I get a square Allen key like tool from? and then I realized that the square was 1/4"....
just use a 1/4" drive bar and ratchet!
Using an ecotec double row and machine oil pump cover.
punched in the block dowels and installed the rear oil gallery plugs. I was thinking where do I get a square Allen key like tool from? and then I realized that the square was 1/4"....
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Can't wait to see the next installment