265 Hemi to efi
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
This is something critical that I had missed earlier and explains a fair bit. 'Load up a binary and the corresponding XDF and have a look at what’s available to tune...Its very important to match the XDF with the bin, with some code bases there are also variants so you must be careful to match the XDF variant with the bin variant..'
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
I changed to emulator mode downloaded the current tune and changed the maximum spark advance from tdc from 60 degrees to 10. I then clicked download bin from emulator and saved the bin file in a new folder. I checked the downloaded tune and it showed the advance at 10 degrees. It seems logical. This is awesome.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Wait until you start it
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Is that a good or bad thing. Ha
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Sorry about all these posts but I am slowly working stuff out as I read through old posts and help manuals. I have finally worked out that the tune is not the bin. I initially thought these were the same. What is the difference between downloading the bin file and saving the bin file from tuner pro. Is it something about the completeness of the file? Also when you download the bin file via the flash tool is this downloading the bin direct from the NVRAM? ThanksHolden202T wrote:If it was me I would use real time editing, press the down arrow to download the current tune into tuner pro, then press the button on the bar for emulation, then find and change the reference angle to what you want, then once you've done that and any other changes, you can use the flash tool to download the entire bin file or just the cal file if you want, then that can be your backup and base file to work from.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Edited for wrong information.
Last edited by Dylan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Not true. On default settings downloading the tune using tunerpro and the ose plugin will give you a bin file that only contains the calibration. The bin appears full size in the file properties but the code portion is all 0's and the resulting file is not a complete working bin. It's like this as it takes twice as long to get the whole bin and when real-time tuning you only work with the cal part anyway. The flash tool get bin does get you a complete bin.
so generally the way I do it, is I do all complete uploads and downloads using the flashtool. I only open tunerpro to realtime tune. open tunerpro, download bin using the down arrow, then emulate and edit what I want. when done, close tunerpro and dont worry about saving the bin as its only half a file anyway (this means if you burnt that file to a memcal it wouldnt work). when happy with the tune, open OSE flashtool and do a get bin, save the complete bin, and burn that file to your ordinary memcal using an Eprom Burner and happy days.
so generally the way I do it, is I do all complete uploads and downloads using the flashtool. I only open tunerpro to realtime tune. open tunerpro, download bin using the down arrow, then emulate and edit what I want. when done, close tunerpro and dont worry about saving the bin as its only half a file anyway (this means if you burnt that file to a memcal it wouldnt work). when happy with the tune, open OSE flashtool and do a get bin, save the complete bin, and burn that file to your ordinary memcal using an Eprom Burner and happy days.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
There you go I didn't know that about tuner pro I only use flash tool myself. Thanks
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
yeah that's why I said to download cal or bin with the flashtool .... just makes things easier 
as for your post above, if you've changed the maximum spark advance from tdc from 60 degrees to 10, that's not the right thing to edit.
your looking for "EST params - Spark reference angle"
the one you changed will limit spark advance to 10 degree all the time.
as far as which tune to use, its a bit of a hard one for our straight 6 applications .... I initially used a V6 tune but was having some issues with it and have tried v8 tunes as well, long story short it probably doesn't matter because a lot of things are not going to be right for a straight 6 whichever one you choose.
but either will be enough to get you going and then can tune from there.
as for your post above, if you've changed the maximum spark advance from tdc from 60 degrees to 10, that's not the right thing to edit.
your looking for "EST params - Spark reference angle"
the one you changed will limit spark advance to 10 degree all the time.
as far as which tune to use, its a bit of a hard one for our straight 6 applications .... I initially used a V6 tune but was having some issues with it and have tried v8 tunes as well, long story short it probably doesn't matter because a lot of things are not going to be right for a straight 6 whichever one you choose.
but either will be enough to get you going and then can tune from there.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks and Yes that worked well and it saves a log file of the changes made.
Just to clarify with NVRAM I don't need to burn to the memcal? Is that right, it's just a backup?
I feel very lucky to come on board at this stage and be able to use all this. Thanks for everyone's past hard work.
Just to clarify with NVRAM I don't need to burn to the memcal? Is that right, it's just a backup?
I feel very lucky to come on board at this stage and be able to use all this. Thanks for everyone's past hard work.