Vlad's rides thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered with the oil pump cover. Fitted my double row, chucked it all back together, turned it over, no strange noises.... Turned the key 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Some need it some dont. I needed a new cover as I was out of good ones anyway.
some more progress.
cam all lubed up.
Lifters fitted in place and head gaskets. Timing set washed and oiled. Just all loosely in place for now.
heads and bolts loosely in place and will torque the bolts down tomorrow.
some more progress.
cam all lubed up.
Lifters fitted in place and head gaskets. Timing set washed and oiled. Just all loosely in place for now.
heads and bolts loosely in place and will torque the bolts down tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
If mine touched it would of come off and had a lick with the grinder, got a wash and gone back on 
Coming along nicely
Coming along nicely
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I know it probably wont make a difference, but I'd try the cam timing with the chain tensioner installed, that might change your reading a degree or two!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Vlad's rides thread
opps nevermind 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
there is no slack what so ever.Holden202T wrote:I know it probably wont make a difference, but I'd try the cam timing with the chain tensioner installed, that might change your reading a degree or two!
Literally just enough to pull the sprocket on to the cam, only just. The double row is designed to run with no tensioner while the single row is as it more slack for that reason.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yes, they aren't the easiest to get on but that is a good thing.
You could always put it at +6 to allow for any slack and a little wear and tear with age.
You could always put it at +6 to allow for any slack and a little wear and tear with age.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
digging through my sock of NOS parts, I found a brand new cam bolt
got the heads torqued down, put a little extra sealant on the treads on top of the per-applied stuff. I use loctite 565 pipe thread sealant.
have installed the lifter guides, brand new ones. only couple left in Oz and very hard to find.
checked the intake and as I though, it needs shaving which is great considering it means it will be a fresh corrosion free finish once machined.
Probably 20-30 thou I will get machined off and see how it fits. Once that is sorted I will port match it. then mask it all up and get it blasted and painted.
got the heads torqued down, put a little extra sealant on the treads on top of the per-applied stuff. I use loctite 565 pipe thread sealant.
have installed the lifter guides, brand new ones. only couple left in Oz and very hard to find.
checked the intake and as I though, it needs shaving which is great considering it means it will be a fresh corrosion free finish once machined.
Probably 20-30 thou I will get machined off and see how it fits. Once that is sorted I will port match it. then mask it all up and get it blasted and painted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I tried +6 and it was too advance so +4 is almost spot on.immortality wrote:Yes, they aren't the easiest to get on but that is a good thing.
You could always put it at +6 to allow for any slack and a little wear and tear with age.
The sim showed the power and torque curve only changing 1hp either ends at 2º either way, I'm only out 1º so virtually no change.
I also did a quick push rod check. they are way too long for these lifters lol. my preload is at 4-4.5mm where it needs to be 2.09mm
So custom or closest off the shelf ones are the go. Will buy some adjustable ones so I can set and measure the correct length.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Looking good mate !