There is a command that you can send and the ecu responds. Tazzi posted it a while ago.
I don't know the code or thead though sorry but hopefully a search will bring it up.
Striped down vx tune
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Striped down vx tune
Yes you can desolder the flash chip and socket it. Vl400 has done it.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Striped down vx tune
I read either here or on kalmaker once that these can be modified for real time as well.
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
Ok thanks, I'll have to wait till I get back from holiday i'll let you know how it goes. I've got an old motherboard with the same chip for bios to practice on. I'll install a socket on the PCM, Incase I need to do further updates. Thinking I'll put a bit of hot glue on it to stop the chip falling out of the socket, depending on how easy it is to fit.
I don't think it'll do real time with the coms port blown out of it ...
I don't think it'll do real time with the coms port blown out of it ...
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Striped down vx tune
catch is it wont really do normal tuning either....... its pretty hard to tune something blind without logging sensors.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Striped down vx tune
If the aldl port worked and you installed an nvram you would also need modified code running on it with support for realtime. Vl400 had it working in test form but due to the high difficulty of installing the nvram to a flash pcm i dont think it was released to the public. Its probably not the way to go but if you have the skills and got a new pcm and could install the nvram and get it running the stock code from nvram he might share the code. Flashing a cal with standard hardware is a lot simpler.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
I'm not too worried about tuning it's a factory motor, so if it run as good as it did in the car that'll be fine. That and I'm stubborn and want to get it going or kill it trying 
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
Can anyone help me with the full bin file which i'd need to flash onto the chip?
I've been having trouble reading and programming the chip I think it's working now though the only images I have are corrupted ones from when it wasn't working.(I think it was an issue with the conformal coating on the pins stopping it socketing properly. That or the heat from getting it off the board corrupted it.
It's a vx v6 auto any other info needed just ask?
Thanks
Paul
I've been having trouble reading and programming the chip I think it's working now though the only images I have are corrupted ones from when it wasn't working.(I think it was an issue with the conformal coating on the pins stopping it socketing properly. That or the heat from getting it off the board corrupted it.
It's a vx v6 auto any other info needed just ask?
Thanks
Paul
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
I found this :
DMTY 10-2001 Manual VX.bin
DMTY 10-2001 Manual VX
I've turned vss off and flashed it to the chip, it's a manual bin the car was auto but that's all gone now so I assume having manual is the best for the boat ? Any thing else that I should check before I post it off to my friend back home?
I don't know if thats a v6 or v8 bin? I guess v6 the xdf id is bd0A is this the same as bd A?
the pcm has 16269248 DMTY on it
the bin has 16269020 fot the box code, close enough ?
download/file.php?mode=view&id=11860
DMTY 10-2001 Manual VX.bin
DMTY 10-2001 Manual VX
I've turned vss off and flashed it to the chip, it's a manual bin the car was auto but that's all gone now so I assume having manual is the best for the boat ? Any thing else that I should check before I post it off to my friend back home?
I don't know if thats a v6 or v8 bin? I guess v6 the xdf id is bd0A is this the same as bd A?
the pcm has 16269248 DMTY on it
the bin has 16269020 fot the box code, close enough ?
download/file.php?mode=view&id=11860
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Striped down vx tune
Maybe O2's if they aren't being used. You removed the chip to flash the new tune? That's keen as.