265 Hemi to efi
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
changes made to the nvram live will be there for good till you change it .... can always suck a complete bin file out then burn to a memcal for a backup if you want though.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
thanks I will change this backHolden202T wrote:yeah that's why I said to download cal or bin with the flashtool .... just makes things easier
as for your post above, if you've changed the maximum spark advance from tdc from 60 degrees to 10, that's not the right thing to edit.
your looking for "EST params - Spark reference angle"
the one you changed will limit spark advance to 10 degree all the time.
there.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks I understand the process now.Holden202T wrote:changes made to the nvram live will be there for good till you change it .... can always suck a complete bin file out then burn to a memcal for a backup if you want though.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Its alive, (ignition only) running a bit rough but still running. Not surprising with no sensors installed or running. I have the Camira temp sender and adaptor fittings which I made up ready to install tomorrow. I don't have a narrow band sensor yet but will grab one tomorrow hopefully from Repco or similar. What other sensors would be critical for running/tuning ignition. If I made up a tune just for ignition are there some sensors I should turn off? Cheers
A few pics of a very temporary setup.


A few pics of a very temporary setup.


Last edited by heff0018 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Only sensors you really need are coolant temp, map also plug the tps in don't have to mount it to anything yet but will stop it from using a default spark map and will use the main spark map if you can also prob won't hurt to have the iat sensor fitted into the manifold for a bit of temp corrections
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
also first things to check are to make sure the timing is at 10 degrees with the ecu unplugged. then plug ecu in and set to diagnostic mode by bridging the diagnostic wire to earth. the check engine light will start flashing, and this tells the ecu to lock the timing at 10 degrees, put the light on it again and make sure that what the ecu thinks is 10 degrees really is 10 degrees. this will tell you if the spark reference angle is correct.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
videos or it never happened 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Thanks Jayme, just discovered how important this is. I ran out of time to do put it into diagnostic mode but reinstalled the MSD and ensured I was smack on 10 degrees, reinstated ECU and the timing is way out, retarded I think, amazing it runs. Will lock the timimg soon.Jayme wrote:also first things to check are to make sure the timing is at 10 degrees with the ecu unplugged. then plug ecu in and set to diagnostic mode by bridging the diagnostic wire to earth. the check engine light will start flashing, and this tells the ecu to lock the timing at 10 degrees, put the light on it again and make sure that what the ecu thinks is 10 degrees really is 10 degrees. this will tell you if the spark reference angle is correct.
I had a mini heart attack as I thought I cooked the ECU, after reconnecting the ECU plugs I had no spark. Ended up getting it going again by pulling plugs out again and pushing them in really hard. It took a couple of times though, gee they are finicky buggers.
Just another question re the check engine lamp, can I just use any 12v globe and plug to hook this up? I didn't get that from the Camira and I am not sure which wire it is. The wiring diagram shows a brown Nd White wire but I can't work out where that leads to. It may be a White wire which had constant voltage when the ignition was switched on. I guess I should be looking for a wire that pulses voltage while the engine is running
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Ha, it's true. I will take a video when I get the exhaust back on and the timing right. It's straight out of the exhaust manifold at the moment.Holden202T wrote:videos or it never happened
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 265 Hemi to efi
Put 12+ to a normal indicator light. And the ECU grounds it.