Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:
vlad01 wrote:Also ecotec rocker bolts from ZZP.
They are literally just cap screws that are available from any engineering suppliers store.
yeah I know that. they are YSF brand grade 8 cap heads.

They were only 20 bucks or something like that, saves me a 75Km trip to the faster joint.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:yep, just checked partfinder, the single piece locator plates came out from engine VH1275084 in the VP, the rockers and bolts are the same as VR however the pedestals with the needle type bearings in them that vlad has only came out in the VR. i like the idea of those needle type bearings. much goodness.
hey,

would you be able to get me a part number on the plastic shied for ecotec that goes around the back of the balancer?
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

yep, 24502264. thats off a VS ecotec. studs 24502097 go with it buddy (there are 2 studs)
note this is a 1996 version of partfinder so, the parts numbers will have been superceded/updated, but parts will be able to find them nonetheless.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

hmmm? must be superseded as none of them come up in searches.

Buick one does though.

Just a thought about pushrods. I noticed the crow cam HD push rods are quite a lot thinner than the stock ones. But their CrMo ones are same thickness.

So I get their HD ones for go with CrMo ones for the hell of it?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

So I get their HD ones for go with CrMo ones for the hell of it?
What?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

sorry, bad wording. CrMo or carbon steel?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

this should be the CrMo ones if my length calc is correct. The wall is thicker on them too compared to the steel ones.

http://www.crowcams.com.au/FindaProduct ... hrods.aspx
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Moly is lighter, I'd go with them.

Im glad it was just your wording, I was beginning to think you where having a stroke :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

They seem to have a larger range of lengths in them too.

Waiting for my adjustable ones now.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vs ss »

The number changed to 24506440.