265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Jayme »

if that happened it sounds like your reference angle may not be set correctly. just double check it before you fire it up again.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Dylan wrote:Put 12+ to a normal indicator light. And the ECU grounds it.
Thanks Dylan. Doh, of course it does because that's what it shows on the wiring diagram. I am not sure what I was thinking yesterday testing for voltage.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Jayme wrote:if that happened it sounds like your reference angle may not be set correctly. just double check it before you fire it up again.
Thanks Jayme, will do.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Great to see it running the ignition. Your 10% there. Did I see in this post that the car will not be used road use? Why not? It looks like a great project and keep at it. The manifold is the biggest hurdle to overcome then maybe the fuel rail. When you get to setting up the fuel system I will advise my simple method that requires very little modification unless you go and fit an intank pump. The conversion is available from Rocket Industries so have a look on their website.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:Great to see it running the ignition. Your 10% there. Did I see in this post that the car will not be used road use? Why not? It looks like a great project and keep at it. The manifold is the biggest hurdle to overcome then maybe the fuel rail. When you get to setting up the fuel system I will advise my simple method that requires very little modification unless you go and fit an intank pump. The conversion is available from Rocket Industries so have a look on their website.
Thanks, yes long way to go. I already have a Charger road car with power steering and air con and on historic reg so that's ok for now. Maybe I will put it on the road later.

My current plan is to run a lift pump from the stock tank to a surge tank and then a Bosch electric pump to the fuel rail.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

That's the way I do it but I plumb the return line back into the supply line between the lift pump and the surge tank. This then allows a small low cost lift pump to be uses and reduces the amount of turbulence in the tank. I then have a very small bleed from the surge tank to the return line to remove any small pockets of air. Works a treat and with a std Holden VL pump it can supply 3L/min.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:That's the way I do it but I plumb the return line back into the supply line between the lift pump and the surge tank. This then allows a small low cost lift pump to be uses and reduces the amount of turbulence in the tank. I then have a very small bleed from the surge tank to the return line to remove any small pockets of air. Works a treat and with a std Holden VL pump it can supply 3L/min.
Thanks that's great advice. Are you saying you don't run a return line from the surge tank to the fuel tank?
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Yes I still run a return line but it doesn't flow much back to the tank because its cycling most of the fuel at the surge tank mounted at the front of the car under the bonnet. I made it out of an old air con receiver dryer. Its just a small bleed that returns and its taken from the top of the tank just to make sure no air gets into the system. Works a treat.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Yes I can understand the advantage of that setup. Thanks again
slewinson
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by slewinson »

Only issue I can see is elevated fuel temperatures at the rail due to no real circulation of fuel back to the tank with low injector duty cycle. I would use a low pressure relief valve in the return line instead of the restrictor to allow fuel to cool down at lower loads and bleed air back.

Simon