Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:Fairly certain crow cams do, as for what material they do them in or quality I have no idea as I've never used any of there products. U could ask Clive who did your cam, surely he'd have to know ?

I looked but no mention of custom lengths. Will give Clive a call and see what he says.

ideally I need 2 sets of pushrods for the exhaust seats were redone and sit slightly lower in the head. not much, about 10 thou difference from the intakes.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

I've ordered push rods for V8's from crow in any length you want. Usually next day turn around too.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

thats good to know. Maybe Ill give them a buz and ask.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

They're in melbourne too.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

have you looked into putting a washer under the rocker pedestals ? ... it might be all you need to bring it back into specs or to work with a slightly long pushrod.

you should be able to get a .020-.030 washer.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

rang around, no one does custom pushrods here it seems.

I dont want to shim the rockers as it changes the rocker geometry. I want to maintain that geometry.

So if I end up with some odd length I might try the US for custom ones. Smith bros does custom ones.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

I agree with 202, just check your marks on the valve tip...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Do you have so info on what is the ideal pattern should be?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

its diferent on every motor, but I generally try to make sure the tip moves to the same amount either side of centre, and generally this means that at approx. half lift it should be in the centre of the valve tip, but it also depends where they sit, you need to draw a line from the tip of the valve through the centre of the pivot point, if its flat your gonna want the rocker to be lower, it should be pretty close to 90degrees to the valve stem at half lift..

so will be something like at seat it will be towards the outside of the motor, as you open the valve it will move towards the centre and across towards the inside of the motor ....

if it goes right to one edge of the valve tip too much that's no good.

oh and be careful with them pedestals, if you have the rocker too far one way the bottom of the cut out will hit!

what length pushrod do you need, im sure precision has an absolute shite load of options available ?

heres an example, ideally you want to get it so the rocker is lower at the pushrod, and the line through the pivot to the tip is slightly up, half lift 90 degrees to stem, then full lift slightly down.

this is when I was fitting VN V6 rockers to a holden 6, I ended up needing a 308 + .010 length pushrod which was a standard available option, but its not always that easy lol!
vn-v6-rocker-onhead-end.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Screw in studs, posi locks, pushrods and rollers.... Fixed :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...