Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Checked the wipe pattern. was too close to the outer edge, then I realized the retainer and pedestal holes have some play room, so I pushed them upward while torquing the screws down.

Looks bang in the middle now.
IMG_2637_zpscy9d8vfa.jpg
IMG_2638_zpsn2rbugih.jpg

The stock pushrods happen to be the the right length that the preload was maxed out but not opening the valve so it acted like a solid roller lifter without needing oil pressure. So that meant I could check the pattern at the full lift.

So looks like I just need to get the right length push rods and double check everything on assembly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

good videos biggVL

that wipe looks the goods vlad. i'd be happy with that
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah, I'm very happy with that.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

all this engine pr0n is making me moist.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by v6bucket »

Try Rocket, they have pushrods from 6" & up listed in the catalogue.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Few updates.

Manifold had gone to Duggans for machining. Taking off 1mm off the faces so it fits the engine.

picked up some more bits.

Adjustable pushrods arrived. They come as a pair but only really need one for the measuring.

Did a quick measure using crude methods and came to 7.913" but will actuality check with the new dial gauge I bought today.

So I think 7.90" will be more than good enough.
IMG_2639_zps9cvpmgj0.jpg

new fuel pump kit. made in Australia according to the box, lol thats a first in a long time if its true.
IMG_2641_zpsedijdii9.jpg
Genuine new gasket and rear main.
IMG_2643_zpsiylvvzc9.jpg
New gauge. My other one was 0-1mm with 0.001mm increments, bit too fine for checking my pushrods lol
IMG_2644_zpskzymto9l.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Looks like 7.9" will just about spot on.

Will do a trip to crow cams on Monday and take my sample rod to be sure.


Need to also get the fuel plusator out of the vacationer as my 2 used ones I have in stock wont seal up properly.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

The pulsator in the vacationer looked in good nick and had tight rubbers, but one had a split in it, likely from forcing on to the fuel sender pipe.

had enough of this 2nd hand bs and being NLA in oz I just went and bought 2 of them from the states. Hope they fit :lol: Looks 100% identical so it should.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191625463337
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

So I scored a brand new timing cover made by Kilkenny castings in WA for $300, half the normal going price of those. Can only get the genuine items as NOS from ebay US. They went obsolete about 12 months ago from GM. Seen few floating round on ebay for stupid prices, equal to 850 AUD :wtf:

even the ecotec ones that used to be 190 something USD are now over 300 USD and that means stock is running out. Good thing they make aftermarket ones here, then at least we have option despite the hefty price.