Vlad's rides thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
There made in Adelaide, most of the stuff I've seen is good quality, side by side with genuine I wouldn't be surprised if they were the original manufacturer or got the moulds from gmh after they stopped making it
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
From what I can tell, the casting looks the same as Genuine. The real items were cast in the US and the later ecotec stuff in Canada.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Let's hope they don't move to china !
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I hope not, these are way too good to ruin by sending them to china.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181534623169 ... EBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181534623169 ... EBIDX%3AIT
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Pr0n time!
Got some override keys cut based on the security info I got from Holden on my car.
CrMo 7.9" push rods. They are solid all the way to the drill hole. Stock ones are supposedly 60 thou wall and these are 110 thou. I weighed them in at 68g each, stock weighed in at 54g. Drivers side wipe pattern was too far up towards the engine. so I nicked the retaining plate and its spot on now. The end rockers are bit close for comfort on both heads. Its the top edge is a bit flared so I will linish them to gain a little clearance.
Pr0n! All of the rockers are in their final position but I wont torque them down until I linish those end ones. Not far now!
Got some override keys cut based on the security info I got from Holden on my car.
CrMo 7.9" push rods. They are solid all the way to the drill hole. Stock ones are supposedly 60 thou wall and these are 110 thou. I weighed them in at 68g each, stock weighed in at 54g. Drivers side wipe pattern was too far up towards the engine. so I nicked the retaining plate and its spot on now. The end rockers are bit close for comfort on both heads. Its the top edge is a bit flared so I will linish them to gain a little clearance.
Pr0n! All of the rockers are in their final position but I wont torque them down until I linish those end ones. Not far now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Got sick of trying to clean the corrosion of this thing. So 20 bucks and 6.5 min later after taking it to the blaster.
Muuuch better!
Will get a coat of rust bullet once I get a couple of items lined up for painting.
Muuuch better!
Will get a coat of rust bullet once I get a couple of items lined up for painting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Looking good vlad
What do you mean buy 'nicked the retaining plate'?
What do you mean buy 'nicked the retaining plate'?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
See the pics of the bolt holes in the retaining plate? I took a round file and shaved on a tiny bit at the top of the hole to drop the plate down towards the outside of the engine. Literally fraction of a mm did the trick.
Went ahead and threw in a spark plug. Holy cow does it have some compression lol.
Had to get on my knees and wrench the pulley with both hands and a rag to turn past the compression with my body weight.
Went ahead and threw in a spark plug. Holy cow does it have some compression lol.
Had to get on my knees and wrench the pulley with both hands and a rag to turn past the compression with my body weight.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
hahahaha nice, better make sure the battery and starter's in A1 condition 
my brothers motor ended up with 10:1 on the dot, and I couldn't believe how much compression it had on the wrench!
my brothers motor ended up with 10:1 on the dot, and I couldn't believe how much compression it had on the wrench!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah mine is somewhere around 10 or slightly more.
I'm going to buy brand new genuine delco remy. You can get them around 250 bucks. Save me a lot of mucking around reco one from few other starters.
I have torqued up the rockers that are good to go to around 23-25 ft-lb with the arp lube. according to charts on the net the specs were a lot lower for lubed up bolts and it felt not tight enough. Mace/ZZP state 23 lb for them out of the packet, which feels about right with arp lube.
Still its a lot less torque then the stock TTY bolts. I did compare the spec on the torque wrench vs the angle stated in the manual. These aren't TTY bolts and seems pretty good to me the way it felt doing them up.
I'm going to buy brand new genuine delco remy. You can get them around 250 bucks. Save me a lot of mucking around reco one from few other starters.
I have torqued up the rockers that are good to go to around 23-25 ft-lb with the arp lube. according to charts on the net the specs were a lot lower for lubed up bolts and it felt not tight enough. Mace/ZZP state 23 lb for them out of the packet, which feels about right with arp lube.
Still its a lot less torque then the stock TTY bolts. I did compare the spec on the torque wrench vs the angle stated in the manual. These aren't TTY bolts and seems pretty good to me the way it felt doing them up.