anyone know how to convert from s19 to bin?

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
Highlander
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 8:36 am
cars: Z06

anyone know how to convert from s19 to bin?

Post by Highlander »

Any utility out there for this?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: anyone know how to convert from s19 to bin?

Post by antus »

ive never used it but you could try http://sourceforge.net/projects/motorolahex2bin/
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: anyone know how to convert from s19 to bin?

Post by antus »

I see this thread has a lot of readers, so I thought i'd invest some time and find something that definitely works.

I figured what you really need is some kind of hex editor that supports s19.

I found this: 010 editor http://www.sweetscape.com/010editor/

It has windows, linux and mac versions and a 30 day trial period. You can go file->import hex to import.

I tested by importing a megasquirt s19 I found here http://www.megasquirt.info/Code.htm on Linux, but windows would be the same. Once imported you just save to get a bin. Beware that the s19 format contains addressing information so results might vary if your s19 does not map to 0000.

Note directory listings and paths have been hidden to protect the innocent (me) :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Highlander
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 8:36 am
cars: Z06

Re: anyone know how to convert from s19 to bin?

Post by Highlander »

Thanks,

I will give this a try....
Highlander
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 8:36 am
cars: Z06

Re: anyone know how to convert from s19 to bin?

Post by Highlander »

Update to this... hex workshop will "import" the files and convert them to bin.