hi has anyone used the 808 to run the S/C six?
rgds
rob
currently thinking of replacing the ecotec in the hilux but keeping the hyd trans TH700
ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
-
robkeith
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:25 am
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
Yeah it's been done and can work well
I'm guessing you have a V6 running 808 currently? If so a super 6 on 808 woudl work well witht the right tune
If it's a fresh conversion going in the VS or VT super6 pcm and loom would be my pick. Gives you sequential injection which helps a lot on super6. Batch and super6 gives a bit of rough idle but isn't the end of the world and 808$12P has some cool features too
I'm guessing you have a V6 running 808 currently? If so a super 6 on 808 woudl work well witht the right tune
If it's a fresh conversion going in the VS or VT super6 pcm and loom would be my pick. Gives you sequential injection which helps a lot on super6. Batch and super6 gives a bit of rough idle but isn't the end of the world and 808$12P has some cool features too
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
I could have sworn the were some base L67 files in the $12p & $11p threads?
I know you have a hydraulic trans so you only need $12p but was pretty sure there was a base $11p L67 file in 1 of the releases.
If there's no other replies I'll see if I can do a base $12p starting file for you when I get some spare time!
I know you have a hydraulic trans so you only need $12p but was pretty sure there was a base $11p L67 file in 1 of the releases.
If there's no other replies I'll see if I can do a base $12p starting file for you when I get some spare time!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
O.K. I found the L67 file from $11p & copied all noticeable differences to the $12p V6 file & should get you in the ball park!
I know when I did the $11p on a stock engine it wasn't very good so you will need to be able to log & adjust off log's & then will need a wideband to tune properly!
I know when I did the $11p on a stock engine it wasn't very good so you will need to be able to log & adjust off log's & then will need a wideband to tune properly!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
don't spend too much time on it yet vx l67 getrag, hes only just finished putting the ecotec in
so the L67 conversion is probably just a thought at the moment!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
pawpaw1978
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm
- cars: vp commodore v6
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
Wonder if this will work with what I want to do.
-
pawpaw1978
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm
- cars: vp commodore v6
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
would this tune work on a vr manual computer to run a super 6. and will it run with a map instead of a maf.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
It will but it's not guaranteed to work straight off the bat, you'll need to log & adjust from memory I had to change the injector rate a bit for stock L67 injectors (from memory it was too rich).
-
pawpaw1978
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm
- cars: vp commodore v6
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
very nice. i wanted to use the vr harness and now it looks like i can. where is best place to plumb in map. and witch bin do i use. as there is 2. i assume the one that says l67. sorry i am new to doing this..
-
pawpaw1978
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm
- cars: vp commodore v6
Re: ecotec S/C v6 with 808 ecu
any info i could get would be great. as i have just found a donor vt super6 car.