Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
hmmm. I got 4L of acetone. Will give it a go next time.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yes the acetone works in getting it off. Cheers for that.
In other news. I spoke to trueflow exhaust in Melton suggested by big G.
So they reckon v6 do respond well to twin cats. They said can just put them near the ends of the extractors. I called asking where they can be fitted as I see its not possible with the Y pipe pacemakers for buick.
So leaving it at that being a bit confused now it would even fit. I realized perhaps they were thinking of ecotec. So looking at VS exhaust systems I see what they mean.
The VS cat back is from the middle of the car and the y piece is symmetrical and centered, where VR and prior all is crammed on the left side of the gearbox.
So my plan is to use a VS high flow cat back and a custom y piece with twin cats. The VS cat back does fit down to VN
Hopefully I will just need to have the Y piece made.
In other news. I spoke to trueflow exhaust in Melton suggested by big G.
So they reckon v6 do respond well to twin cats. They said can just put them near the ends of the extractors. I called asking where they can be fitted as I see its not possible with the Y pipe pacemakers for buick.
So leaving it at that being a bit confused now it would even fit. I realized perhaps they were thinking of ecotec. So looking at VS exhaust systems I see what they mean.
The VS cat back is from the middle of the car and the y piece is symmetrical and centered, where VR and prior all is crammed on the left side of the gearbox.
So my plan is to use a VS high flow cat back and a custom y piece with twin cats. The VS cat back does fit down to VN
Hopefully I will just need to have the Y piece made.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Got all my stuff back, bolts and bits plated, timing cover sleeved, suspension bits and manifold bead blasted, new water pump etc...
Started to dummy assemble the timing cover and found I am out of shock on some bolts and studs............
So now ordering a whole 45+ items from GM in the states inducing all the bolts and gaskets, also a ecotec timing cover before they go obsolete too. Damn expensive. 307 USD. better than 850
for the only 2 available ones in Oz.
Started to dummy assemble the timing cover and found I am out of shock on some bolts and studs............
So now ordering a whole 45+ items from GM in the states inducing all the bolts and gaskets, also a ecotec timing cover before they go obsolete too. Damn expensive. 307 USD. better than 850
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Looking good mate, when are you picking up the turbo manifold ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
turbo? I don't do ricer lol
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
whoooooooooooshka. good work there vlad.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
You know, I bought a diamond sharpening block for 25 bucks for facing the water pump face. Worked wonders! and its dead flat. So so much better than glass and wet paper.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
The answer is allways more power lol, xr6 turbo isn't ricer, neither is Buick
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
but the sound of turbos are. I'd go Sc over turbo any day.