Very lost

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
pawpaw1978
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm
cars: vp commodore v6

Very lost

Post by pawpaw1978 »

Can some please help me out. Been doing some research on putting a super6 in my car and have most things sorted. 1 thing I am not sure about is the bcm. Can I use a vs engine loom and computer and plug it stright into the vr bcm. I have someone that will do the tune for me. Is it as easy as turning off vss? Also is there anyone that could help me out with the bits I need to convert my vs auto Ecu to be able to read a t5 gearbox.
OZ38
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Re: Very lost

Post by OZ38 »

pawpaw1978 wrote:Can some please help me out. Been doing some research on putting a super6 in my car and have most things sorted. 1 thing I am not sure about is the bcm. Can I use a vs engine loom and computer and plug it stright into the vr bcm. I have someone that will do the tune for me. Is it as easy as turning off vss? Also is there anyone that could help me out with the bits I need to convert my vs auto Ecu to be able to read a t5 gearbox.
If not just use the existing VR's engine loom on the L67. That's how we did my son inlaws VR Ute. We just had to extend the wiring in places & change the coolant sensor plug over to suit the L67. Fitted a MAT sensor to the LIM of the L67.
Use the battery harness from the VS model L67 which also needs a couple of small mods to plug ends.
Then got a map tune to suit the L67 burnt onto a memcal that suit the VR's ECU.

Here is a link to a thread on the conversion. It is an auto but that means less for you to do I think.

http://www.l67torque.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=12327

Cheers