VS PCMS
-
DELCODE
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:45 am
- cars: vr v6 commodore
VS PCMS
Can anyone tell me the difference between a 16210672 pcm and a 16199728 pcm ? 
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VS PCMS
hardly anything at all 672 will do manual and auto
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: VS PCMS
Looking at Dr Bob's site, the 728 is used in Manuals (T5 and Getrag) and Autos and the 672 were used in Autos only.
I would have thought this meant the 728 could be used in either.
Maybe Dr Bob can confirm?
yoda69
I would have thought this meant the 728 could be used in either.
Maybe Dr Bob can confirm?
yoda69
-
Doctor Bob
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
- cars: VN, VT
- Location: Melbourne Vic.
Re: VS PCMS
yes thats it but some of the auto ones can do manual as well
i have a pic of the difference somewhere, ill try to chase it up
Rob
i have a pic of the difference somewhere, ill try to chase it up
Rob
-
Doctor Bob
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
- cars: VN, VT
- Location: Melbourne Vic.
Re: VS PCMS
see if this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Apples
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
- Location: Darwin, NT
Re: VS PCMS
I just check all the 728's PCM's only to find they are auto / Getrag ones.
I payed for a T5 one but its missing the extra bits shown in Doctor Bob's picture.
so buyer beware.
I payed for a T5 one but its missing the extra bits shown in Doctor Bob's picture.
so buyer beware.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VS PCMS
Anyone desoldered those parts to measure them so we can put a couple of resistors on the vs one to convert it? I have one sitting here, could do it if its needed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS PCMS
shouldn't even need to de-solder .... and yeah, work out the values and you could easy solder some normal resistors in there!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dec_head
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm
- cars: VR Calais
Re: VS PCMS
I have a vs 16208257 rfi and it has them resistors in place does that mean it will work in a manual as well
-
Apples
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
- Location: Darwin, NT
Re: VS PCMS
I was told all the RFI PCM's are complete and that's why they cost more to buy when new.
The RFI PCM's were swapped in on the production line when changed to police BT1 packs.
Well thats what I was told when I went down the production line at Elizabeth plant in Adelaide.
The RFI PCM's were swapped in on the production line when changed to police BT1 packs.
Well thats what I was told when I went down the production line at Elizabeth plant in Adelaide.
Last edited by Apples on Thu May 13, 2010 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.