Corrupt NVRAM?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
Should ID no problem, could be a contact issue
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
Really??... twice in one day...
Snap
Snap
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
I'll try again tonight writing straight over what's there see what happens
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
So I've burnt this to my DS1245Y without erasing. Stock 12P 112 V8 bin. When It's split with tuner pro I have data on 1 and 3 with 2 and 4 blank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
Car runs with the above bin burnt. I'll put the chip back in the burner and see if it ID's now.
Once I solder in the write line I should be able to write the cal as it ru n a bit rough on the factory bin.
Once I solder in the write line I should be able to write the cal as it ru n a bit rough on the factory bin.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
Do you select the device first before IDing it? I found the ID tool doesn't work unless you get the device more or less spot on.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
Ive noticed that too you need to already know it anyway but yeah I found it and just thought I'd ID it anyway out of habbit really.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
I use the ID to get the exact settings for the chip as each manufacture might program slightly different. For eg. I know the IC is a 27c128 but the ID will then give me exact manufacture and IC variant with its accosted settings.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Corrupt NVRAM?
cool. you dont erase the nvrams, because they're ram. no erase procedure like flash memory. if you plug it in without the write wire also unjumper RW or else you can get corruption more easily from noise and then obviously engine wont run 'till you burn it again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396