Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement
is it standard TB or 69mm? usually the larger ones need that much extra.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement
69mm TB.
Yes, without any extra AE it feels like it has a flat spot. Quiet noticeable when cold.
Yes, without any extra AE it feels like it has a flat spot. Quiet noticeable when cold.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement
A machined TB on ecotec will need a ton more as stock ones is lipped around the plate to give the first couple of deg finer control by limiting air flow. basically acting like a 2 stage TB. Once machined the bore becomes straight and works somewhat inverse log for air flow vs TPS deg.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement
Stock TB is what I call the granny mod
and its' the first thing to get changed, even my missus complained about the poor throttle response with the granny TB fitted.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Knock - Burst knock? knocking on throttle Movement
lol I know what you mean. Drove a few stock ecotecs and thought something was wrong when it did jack until half throttle. At those same throttle % my cars are certainly moving.immortality wrote:Stock TB is what I call the granny modand its' the first thing to get changed, even my missus complained about the poor throttle response with the granny TB fitted.