VK_3800 wrote:vlad01 wrote:Anyone know of a super grippy tyre that comes in 225/60R15 size?
Unfortunately if you want decent tyres you have to go larger diameter these days. If it were me I'd be getting a set of 17s for the performance rubber and keeping a set of original 15s for the days you want it to look original.
If you really must stick with the 15s all the time the best bet is probably scouring eBay etc for a not-too-old second hand set of Bridgestones. If you can find them the price should be OK, but still not going to be a proper performance tyre

Found kumho make a pretty well rated tyre in that size, W rated which is 270km/h. hardly any tyres are rated that unless they are serious tyres.
I won't be getting 17", they look horrific on VPs, even my 17s on the VR dont look right but it was less of a concern on that car as VR are of a newer style body and I was keen to see how low profile wheels performed
The problem I have found with larger wheels is the inability to conform to rutted country roads (ie. all roads in Vic) so traction is compromised, especially on corners. The VR skips over the irregularities of the road surface simply because the low profile just doesn't mould rather sits rigidly over the high points. Steering is also weird with low profile. It grips great like shit to a blanket but lacks the grippy feeling if you know what I mean.
Having several rides in HQ's car that has 14" wheels that are 245 or something along those lines with fat profile, feels fantastic on the corners.